FATAL: LICENSE ERROR help please!

• Can someone help me pls?
    I am doing vtour for my school, so I really need someone to solve this problem!
    I got everything work,
    1. had license for both tools and krpano/ put them all in krpanotools folder
    2. made all panos, included hostspot/ using make pano(multires)
    3. from that I got .js, .html, .xml, .swf, and a tiles folders for each pano
    4. put everything to Dreamweaver, worked perfect locally
    5. However, when I put these files to my server(my website), the pano couldnot load, it said "FATAL: LICENSE ERROR"

Please somebody tell me what did i do wrong, or am I missing something?
    Thank you!

• Thank you very much for replying!
    I know you are an expert about these stuffs lolzzzz

Here is the link to my school!
    http://www.csupomona.edu/~licensingofspace/virtualtour.html

The top is vtour that created by another student, he used 1.0.6 version krpano.
    I was planning to mimic every steps that he did but the version was different, and he worked on PC so I can't get the software that he used.

The only thing I got from his folder is the krpano.license and krpanotools.license.

The current krpano version i have is the newest one, and I am working on a MAC.
    the tour i created is the last 4 tours you see on the website!
    those 4 tours work fine locally but not on the website!

Thank you!
    Im looking forward to see your reply!

• I am going to assume it is in regards to your "extra" folder. The other tours do not have that and so I assume the path to the licenses
    could be the issue.

BSCArea/

But, that is just a quick guess.

• The reason that I made this extra folder is because the version of krpano for other tours is old, and mine is newer
    so I made a brand new folder BSCArea
    and all my tours is operate within this folder.
    that is why i put krpano.swf(generated by krprotect, and also the license) in BSCArea so that it doesn't effect from outside file.
    Everything it needs is within this BSCArea, that is why it's run fine locally, but i just don't know why it couldn't run on the website!

Thank you anyway!

• Hi,

the problem with the not working panos is that there an old krpano domain license, which was registered for two domains that are different to "csupomona.edu" was used!

The only thing I got from his folder is the krpano.license and krpanotools.license.

Just to make sure - you can't use the licenses from some one other! When you want to publish panos with krpano you need your own license!

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus!

But these License is bought by the school, so any students is able to access them right?
    I am confuse about this domain license.
    is there anyway I could add a new domain or something?
    or only Erik, the one that create the working panos, can access this license?

When krpano viewer display license buyer, it still shows my boss name.
    She said that she bought the license for Erik, but i can still use it.

Now I am really confused, can you please spare sometimes and explain if there is anyway that I can use this license to publish my virtual tour?
    I remembered there is a way that you can download your license again right?, if that the case you think that will work?
    Because we don't want to purchase another license while we already had one.

Thank you!

• Hi,

Thank you for your help!
    It is still not work, the tour1.license is in there if you want to check!

The weird thing is that if the license is not work I should not able to run it locally, it should show watermark or trademark from krpano.
    But in this situation, it run fine locally, just don't know why it not operate on the website!

• Alright then, since you are sure this is a license issue, I will go ahead a tell my boss to email you directly.
    She is the one who purchased the license in the first place.
    the email that we would use to contact you is ...removed... right?
    or is there specific email that you are go by?

I am greatly appreciate for your help!
    I am looking forward to hear from you!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!