Little planets on iphone/ipad/ipod - HTML5

• Hi people, I am new to krpano and I am trying to do my first tests with it to make a standard xml for my own use. I have some panoramas in witch I would like to enable the stereographic view (little planet) and it is not working as I expected on apple devices. The problem is also noticed on the krpano site at the examples page. When you look at nadir you can't see the "planet", because you can never see the sky. You only see the floor no matter how much zoom out you do.

Is it a known problem or something I am doing wrong?

I don't have any apple device myself, but I have tested on iPad, iPhone 3/4 and iPod from some friends and I really think its interesting that it works on those devices.

One example at krpano site:
    https://krpano.com/krpano.html?pa…view.vlookat=81

And the one I am working on and where I am trying to make an initial animation:
    http://www.cartola.org/panoramas/2011…a_Hotel_Rafain/

Cheers, Cartola.

• Unsupported functionalty:
    Multiresolution - it's currently simply not possible do this with HTML/CSS and a good performance! Beside of the peformance there is no real memory control and the Safari browser is very buggy when using much memory.
    Spherical / partial / flat panos or fisheye / stereographic projections - the limited 3D possibilities of HTML/CSS don't allow distorting / rendering such images.
    Mouse over / out events. On desktop they would be possible, but on touch devices not. Therefore no support for over / out events at all for the moment.
    Polygonal hotspots - the desktop browsers would be fast enough to do that with canvas but on the iPhone/iPad devices the canvas is so incredible slow, so there they are not possible at the moment.

• Hi,

projections like 'little planet' are only possible in HTML5 when the browser supports WebGL.

Just with CSS3D (like on iOS), little planet distortions are not possible.
    With CSS3D its only possible to rotate 'flat surfaces' in 3D space - and that's only enough for normal undistorted cubical panos.

That means until Apple isn't going to support WebGL on iOS, there will be no little planets on iOS.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

projections like 'little planet' are only possible in HTML5 when the browser supports WebGL.

Just with CSS3D (like on iOS), little planet distortions are not possible.
    With CSS3D its only possible to rotate 'flat surfaces' in 3D space - and that's only enough for normal undistorted cubical panos.

That means until Apple isn't going to support WebGL on iOS, there will be no little planets on iOS.

Best regards,
    Klaus

hi, thanks for the puntalization. now i have understand the issue. i activated webgl over chrome android browser....wow little planet works fine:)
    thanks klous

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!