Creating FLAT or SPHERICAL panos for iPhone not successful

• I want to make FLAT panos or SPHERICAL panos ready for displaying them on the iPhone or iPad.

1. Acording to the documentation I modified 'flat.config' with following lines:
    buildmobilemages=yes
    buildtabletimages=yes
    buildmobileres=512
    buildtabletres=1024
    copyiphonejs=true
    embedlicenses=true

2. After applying the 'MAKE PANO (FLAT) droplet.bat' I would have exspected something like:

<image ..>
    ........ here the normal image paths ....
    <mobile>
    <left url.... />
    </mobile>
    <tablet>
    <left url.... />
    </tablet>
    </image>

3. But no mobile/tablet image paths have been created. It seems, like the 'flat.config' has not reacted.
    The same story is true, when I try to create a Multiframe spherical Pano with 'MAKE MULTI FRAME PANO droplet.bat'
    What do I wrong? Anyone's help is appreciated.

Background:
    I use already the brand new tools 1.0.8.14
    krpanoiphone.license.js was in the same folder as krpanoiphone.js

• Please check the documentation for iPhone/iPad.

https://krpano.com/iphone/

specifically.
    Unsupported functionalty:

Multiresolution - it's currently simply not possible do this with HTML/CSS and a good performance! Beside of the peformance there is no real memory control and the Safari browser is very buggy when using much memory.
    Spherical / partial / flat panos or fisheye / stereographic projections - the limited 3D possibilities of HTML/CSS don't allow distorting / rendering such images.
    Mouse over / out events. On desktop they would be possible, but on touch devices not. Therefore no support for over / out events at all for the moment.
    Polygonal hotspots - the desktop browsers would be fast enough to do that with canvas but on the iPhone/iPad devices the canvas is so incredible slow, so there they are not possible at the moment.

• Thank you for your hint.
    I had those limitations of the iPhone Browser in mind. But my problem is one step ahead:

I would exspect, that krpano tools should create the XML-file in the promised structure, as defined in the .config file.
    Then, later in step 2, I would test the result in the iPhone environment, maybe with the known limitations.

I asume, that I make something wrong.
    Regards

• Sorry,
    I have to correct one statement:
    The 'MAKE MULTI FRAME PANO droplet.bat' is creating the correct XML-file for iPhone and iPad including <mobile></mobile> and <tablet></tablet> tags. Even the according 512x512 and 1024x1024 jpg's are created (superb!)

Nevertheless the 'MAKE PANO (FLAT) droplet.bat' does not behave as the config file tells.
    According to 'sachagriffin's response flat panos are not supported on iPhone.

Would it be desireable, if the 'MAKE PANO (FLAT) droplet.bat' creates complete XML code for flat panos on desktop browsers and a workaround display for iPhone environment?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!