.swf hotspot that get properties "itself"

• Hi Guys

I red hundreds of 3d, but I still haven't found the way that I'm looking for.

I have hotspots made by the same .swf file.
    Every hotspot has the relative <hotspot> node in the xml file that creates the panorama.
    I would like to know if there's a way, and how, the hotspot swf file can get property of "his" relative <hotspot> node in the xml file. Such to develop an "intelligent" hotspot that made something on his own, getting information by itself in the "parent" app.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.
    zeno

• thanks for the answer.

I'm going to try to explain better.

First off all: I render a panorama into a .swf file, usign krpano API and xml external file.

In the xml file there're

Code
    <hotspot
     url="pathToSwf/hotspot.swf"
    foo="bar"
    />

nodes for each hotspot I need to load.

The hotspot file is a .swf file, the same for all of them.
    I would like that the hotspot.swf file can get some property defined in the

Code
    <hotspot>
      url="pathToSwf/hotspot.swf"
    foo="bar"
    />

node (such as custom ones, like foo).
    This means that I need to access to the "parent" app that render the panorama that load the .swf hotspot.
    No need to use math stuff.

thanks.
    zeno

• Hi sachagriffin

thank for the answer.
    I was already able to interact with the hostpost.swf file from the "root" app, such get and set properties or using method of the hotspot file.

I'm trying to do the opposite: the hotspot file interact on his own with the "root" .swf app, (ie: getting information about itself from the xml definition of the panorama).

I've tried in various ways. So, now, I'm thinkng: it could be possible?

regards
    zeno.

• Hi zeno,
    Also, take a look to the AS examples that comes inside Krpano downloaded package:
    krpano-1.0.8.14-2011-09-01\examples\as3-interface\plugin-sources\radar\radar.as
    The radar.as seems to be a good exemple for what you are looking for...

SAlut.

• Merci beaucoup Michel...

great.
    you've done...

I red about plugin, I didn't try because I though that in this case I use hotspots... but It should be enough try *g*

I met zephyr browsing the forum of flash panorama player [the old pano player *wink* ] and many times he gave me the right hint...
    Like now...

and thanks to you to route me to that zephyr post...
    regards
    zeno

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!