You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jschrader

Intermediate

• "jschrader" started this thread

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 6:49pm

Showing "Subtitles"

I would like to show the translation of an audio file inside a panorama.

The first idea was to show it as consecutive PNGs using actions.
Works well, but the problem is that with this method the userinterface is blocked while the actions are running and the panorama cannot be rotated.

Oninterrupt is not an option as the audio and subtitles should keep running once they were started.

I guess one workaround would be to create a video for the subtitles with sound. This would also ensure to keep a perfect timing.

But is there a solution to allow useractions with the panorama while audio and subtitles are running?

Oh: the solution must be iPad compatible!

Thanks in advance
J├╝rgen

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 9:21pm

Why would the interface be blocked? You must be doing something weird.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

jschrader

Intermediate

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 9:44pm

No, I dont think so.
My panorama and krpano documentation tell me that user interaction is blocked while actions are executed.
If you think that should not be the case please point me into the right direction.

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 10:02pm

Make the actions finish then, run the action, show some text and done use a delayed call to show the next piece.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

jschrader

Intermediate

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 10:37pm

Thank you, sir.
I wasn't aware that a delayedcall would somehow terminate the execution of an action (although it's executed as part of an action). Strange world *rolleyes*

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 11:10pm

It doesn't. It simply delays code into a future frame. The action ends on its own. Your delayed call keeps the process running along.