You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

apdr

Beginner

• "apdr" started this thread

Sunday, September 11th 2011, 4:46am

External access to random scene in virtual tour (Resolved)

Hi,

I have built a virtual tour of a museum with many art objects visible per scene (room). My client has made a catalogue of all the artwork (a separate HTML file) and should like to be able to launch the tour from a randomly selected catalogue entry by a link to the corresponding object as it is visible within the tour, i.e., the tour needs to be launched from outside at a scene and in an orientation (h,v, fov) which differs per catalogue entry.

The tour consists of a main xml file with separate xml files per scene. The scene and desired viewing parameters (h, v , fov) per art object are known.

If this topic has already been dealt with in the past I would be grateful for a pointer to the discussion. If not, I am not an experienced javascript/xml programmer and would appreciate some coding hints.

Thanks in advance,

Arie de Ruiter

Edit: Finding the right terms to search the forum was the problem. I have now found a number of relevant earlier postings.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "apdr" (Sep 11th 2011, 9:21am)

Sunday, February 5th 2012, 1:41pm

That means looking for:

"Take hlookat vlookat and fov from the
url?
"

and

"specifying the scene to load in html
and passing to the xml control file
"

as

apdr
himself says...

:-D
a bit of js and html skills needed, but it can be done!!!!
Thanx apdr and everybody!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "officinepanottiche" (Feb 9th 2012, 1:25pm)