MAKE PANO (Singles-SWF-Tiled) droplet problem

• I have been experimenting GigaPan images. I have a 6.96 GB .psb image that will not complete in the MAKE PANO (Singles-SWF-Tiled) droplet. It starts and seems to be close to completion then I get the 'KRPano must close' error box.

The exact same image will create a panoramas using the kmakemultires, MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) and the MAKE PANO (TILED) droplets without a problem.

I am using W7 64-bit, AMD hex-core with 8 GB RAM and works rather quickly with the other droplets.

I have attached screen prints showing the error, text files showing details, the .xml and first page of the .html file. I do not know how much any or either can help in resolving the issue?

Can someone please tell me why all the other droplets work perfectly and this one bombs?

_WER5487.tmp.appcompat.txt_WER2F5A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata-xml.txt

• I appreciate your response. I doubt I have seen a 10 GB .swf file either. Your reply is the only one to my query, but I still fail to see what the size of the .swf file (which usually has very similar coding with minor changes as to what files/folders to access for display) has to do with my original question?
    "As previously stated, I can create executable panoramas using the kmakemultires, MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) and the MAKE PANO (TILED) droplets using the same aforementioned image without a problem."
    The actual sizes of the complete files and .swf files using the three droplets are:
    1) kmakemultires, full file 7.10 GB(mostly the image itself) and the .swf tile is only 114KB,
    2) MAKE PANO (MULTIRES), full file 7.04 GB(mostly the image itself) and the .swf tile is only 114KB,
    3) MAKE PANO (TILED) ), full file 7.09 GB(mostly the image itself) and the .swf tile is only 114KB.
    My problem is, again as stated, when I try to use MAKE PANO (Singles-SWF-Tiled) droplet using the exact same image APG bombs!
    As far as I can tell all four droplets are very similar and all four should be able create executable panorama files from the exact same image - but obviously not. I am a photographer and not a mathematician or programmer of which AGP quite clearly has some of the best.
    But my question still remains unanswered. If someone can offer a constructive resolution to this problem, I would gladly welcome their suggestions...

• I had no idea even a couple gigabyte swf would work. How does it perform? What would be the reason to create such a file?
    Havd you checked your system resources while it runs? Did you send a support mail to klaus? Only he is familiar with the internals of the tools.
    Im not sure what you mean by "full file" there are thousands of individual files in multires projects such as yours.

• Hi,

the "MAKE PANO (SINGLE-SWF-TILED)" and "MAKE PANO (TILED)" droplets are the WRONG droplets for gigapixel panos!

the "tiled" droplets are using the original image and just tile it - no smaller resolutions!
    this okay for smaller images that could be loaded at once into the memory, but very large image that can be loaded at once will fail here - once the memory might be not enough and in the SINGLE-SWF-TILED case the file might be too big for the Flashplayer,

that means for Gigapixels images several resolution levels (multi-resolution) would be necessary to be able to view them,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!