KEEPVIEW and Panorama bearing

• Hi there

I've been playing around with krpano and am very very impressed.

I've got one stumbling block at the moment that I can't seem to resolve though.

I'm adding hotspots and opening new panos from them using the KEEPVIEW setting.

That works when the panos have the same bearing at the beginning (i.e. if the original images have been taken facing the same direction). But in our case that is not always true. When combing with the compass and setting the correct heading (which I know) the KEEPVIEW seems to keep the same ath and atv values as the previous view - but because these are in reality different headings the viewer does not walk through in the way I want.

So my question is - is there a way to set the heading of any given pano somewhere or is there some other technique I can use ?

(e.g. pano 1 was shot with a north heading, pano 2 with a south heading - linking between using KEEPVIEW (say an ath of 10 and an atv of 10) means the fov is effectively flipped)

I hope that is vaguely clear - I'm guessing I missing something pretty obvious !

Many thanks in advance

Steve

• Hi,

the recommend way would be to 'orientate' the panos already during stitching or in post-processing via the 'offset' filter in Photoshop,

but if you want you can also adjust the pano image rotation itself also in krpano via the "prealign" setting (but only in the Flash version):
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#image.prealign

e.g. to rotate the pano image 45 degree to right:

Code
    <image ... prealign="0|45|0" />

an other way might be to adjust the hlookat value after the loadpano/loadscene call by adding or subtracting an adjust value:

Code
    loadpano(pano2.xml, null, MERGE|KEEPVIEW, BLEND(1)); add(view.hlookat,45);

best regards,
    Klaus

• Brilliant - I'll give the prealign a try as the images are already stitched!

Does that mean that the heading setting for the compass will take this into account ?

Thanks again

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!