What photos required for vtour?

• I would like to create a virtual tour inside a building.

I have read most if not all of the tutorials in this website but couldn't find what kind of photos are required to create a virtual tour.

As a test, I downloaded the krpanotools and dragged a few photos to MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet.bat.
    It gives me a warning saying "1.jpg" is not a 360x180 panorama image! is this a partial panorama?

If I click No, nothing is being done. When click Yes, it ask me whether it is flat, spherical or cylindrical.
    No matter what I select, it won't create a proper VTOUR.

So my guess is I need some kind of panorama photos to use on krpanotools...

Can someone point me to the right direction on what kind of photos do I need in order to create a virtual tour with krpano?

• Welcome to the forum.

Beginners skeleton workflow:

a. Photography: (My equipment is canon eos 50d and samyang 8mm fisheye lens , nodal ninja 3mark II, manfrotto tripod, release cable)
    others combination will vary on the the sequence and no of images.

1. Calibrate your setup to attain an exact NPP (no parallax point)
    2. Capture images 5 at 0 degrees, 1 at zenith, 2 at nadir (90 degrees each other)
    and 1 off center for nadir patch up.
    3. The theory is capture images on all direction with at least 25% overlap. You may wish to bracketed captures.
    4. Refine the nadir via photoshop by patching the tripod.
    5. Stitch the images via ptgui, autopano, etc to produce a 360x180, (2:1 ratio) final image.
    6. Feed this image in the krpano vtour droplet or use the Panotour Pro.
    7. Refine further the html and xml to suit your requirement.

I am also a beginner and I hope this gives you idea on how a virtual tour is made. Learning each step may take time if your are an absolute beginner.

Best regards,

Manuel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!