Needed to change default skin xml file for button to work on android

• Hi people,

I was trying to finish some tests to make a simple pano work on many devices. When tested on android I didn't see any button, so I tried to put some. I was going to copy the buttons from skin/defaultskin.xml created by the kmakemultires linux script. When I was analyzing it I saw android buttons, so I tried to change many things until it works.

Here I have only one device to test, a motorola Atrix cell phone. Tomorrow maybe I will be able to test on gallaxy IIs and some android tablet with some friend at work.

The problem was solved when I changed the tag style="button" by the tab url="buttons.png"

Anyone has noticed that?

Bye, Cartola.

• Well, I can check that, but the thing was all left automated and didn't work, so something might not be correctly set on some place. My feeling is that it is like this out of the box. I customized other things like view, some movement, a central "click n drag" message. I didn't change the style at any time.

Anyway, if I find the root reason I report it here.

Thanks, Cartola.

• Ok, I got it. Maybe I am a little sleepy, but I thought the "style" would be some CSS parameter :)

Anyway, I think that there is a "mistake" on the defaultskin.xml file that comes with the 1.0.8.14. The "style" definition has a devices="desktop" parameter, so obviously when you use a button configured with device="android" style="button" it doesn't show up :)

The style is defined in line 36 of the file templates/xml/skin/defaultskin.xml and the android buttons definition begin in line 51 of the same file. There is no other style definition for device android, so those lines are not used if you don't do something.

Thanks, Cartola.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!