Auto show HTML5 when no flash.

• I am a little surprised that using the standard embed used by the tools you do not automatically show HTML5 if you do not have Flash enabled.
    I checked both Chrome and Safari on Mac and I have also checked sites like 360cities and SamRohn which I know have HTML5 KRpano support.

360cities gives me the get Flashplayer on the frontpage and if you try individual pages you just get a never ending loading bar.

Also the KRPano Weingut Tour (Automatic Flash or HTML5) example just give me a get flashplayer

Hans

• Hi,

in the current version (1.0.8.14) there is already an automatic fallback to the HTML5 viewer when no Flashplayer is installed and the Safari Browser is used (the Chrome 3D CSS is too buggy at the moment) - but only when the iPhone/iPad license is embedded or included - without license the viewer doesn't know if it can or should use the HTML5 viewer... (this might be improved in future version to let the embedding script automatically try loading the license file)

that means either use a .js file were the krpano iPhone/iPad license is embedded (generated by using the MAKE PANO/MAKE VTOUR droplets), or include the krpanoiphone.license.js directly in the html file - by this way:

Code
    <script src="krpanoiphone.license.js"></script>

btw - thanks for reporting that! I have now updated the krpano online examples (by including in the license in the html file), now they should correctly use the HTML5 viewer in Safari when no Flashplayer is present,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!