360° Fair : FeelExpo

• Hi Krpano pals.

Thanks to stuff I've done and published in this and other forums, blogs and code directories sites, I've been hired by an enterprise called
    Virtual Step.

I want you to see the first project I work with them, it is a 360° fair, which is The Entertainment Latinamerican Fair.

I'm posting the short code, which I'd appreciate you to share with your friends and social networks.

Link: http://bit.ly/v1rtu4lst3p

-- Ciul

• Nice tour Ciul!

Pretty much to see there, even tho the image quality is not that high *unsure* A lot of actions and things to explore which i assume you made with html & jquery? Seen the menu you used on right side on some jquery tutorial.
    The dragging cursor feels a bit weird but guess it's personal preferences or customer wanted it. Also wasn't able to control the panorama after little planet introduction. Guess it was meant to turn one full 360 and then give control to user?
    Other wise really good job *thumbup*

Regards,

• Hi pals,

@Nelike:

Thanks for your comments.
    The image quality is taken as low as possible as long it sees ok since it is a really big tour, it is a whole fair, and there will be hosted more and more incoming ones, and as you can see there is lot of information saved about expositors and their services in each stand.

Yeah, the idea is to give control after introduction, also, you can jump directly to the fair at http://www.virtualstep.com/ferias/feelexp…llon1/pasillod1 it is the first corridor of the fair.

Tip: Follow the white circles/arrows on the floor.

And it is not html and jquery, it is a whole framework behind, which makes all the fair completely administrable, we can change the info to the right and tours with an administrator account and simple WYSIWYG editors like the one in this forum.

@sachagriffin:
    Please try going directly to the first corridor: http://www.virtualstep.com/ferias/feelexp…llon1/pasillod1

We are improving the platform behind this, so, will come back with more news :D

Regards,
    Ciul

Edited once, last by ciul (October 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM).

• Hi Ciul,

even if the tour is large it doesn't mean the quality need to be low *smile* The information inside is definitely huge amount! Took me minutes just to scroll through them, a lot more to read them all and im sure i missed some. Seems like a great project. Not just panoramas , there is more to it *smile* Only things bothering me was the image quality but i understand it might get a bit heavy ( took me a bit to load the first panorama from Finland but worked fine after ).

Waiting to see more *thumbup*

Regards,

• Hi Krpano pals,

VN2011 :

We will consider that for next projects, although multiresolution is good for fast loading, it increases a lot the number of images on the server and resources consumed from the server too. The point at the end is decrease the whole size of each project (fairs, malls, zoos and other big spaces we are working on), remember the tour is only part of the project not the whole.

Anyway, we are open to improve our product and we are happy to do that :D
    We are writing all your comments to consider them in incoming projects.

Note: The people's faces were blurred of course.

Thanks a lot for all your comments.

Regards,
    Ciul

• Hi,

Guess it depends of your server how it handles the multiresolution tours with a lot of panoramas. Eventually it shouldn't matter if there are many panoramas or just one. At least from my point of view they are all just single panoramas, just linked together *smile* You should try with multiresolution how it works with best resolution on your server and then decrease if needed. I was testing image quality before and ended up with almost maximum settings to be same loading speed as lower settings. Of course the amount of pictures multiresolution creates is huge and uploading to server takes some time (took me around 5 hours to upload a tour of a city on server with multiresolution) but so far the servers we use have had no problems handling the picture amounts.

These are just things i have noticed while testing different settings and qualities *smile* Finding ways to improve your service is always awesome, the salt of this job when you find again new way to make your customers more happy and new things you can implement *smile* It never gets boring since the possibilities are unlimited! Reason i love my job and it's passion to work on this field *thumbup*

Regards,

• Hi,

Guess it depends of ...

We will consider that for next projects, anyway, we try to keep size of project as smaller as possible, but yeah, one or two multiresolution layers won't harm anyone.

Thanks for all your comments.

Now, the beauty is that there is a Content Manager System behind all this :D

That's what I love from my new job, we do more than panos, I can finally show what I'm capable to do :D

Regards,
    Ciul

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!