Is it possible converting as3 custom plugin to krpanoJs plugin?

• Hi,
    Is there any possible to create the same look of plugin with html and javascript for krpanoJs
    so i can view it on ipad and iphone?

Is there anyone have online sample of developing custom plugin and embbed it on krpanoJs?
    I need an enlightenment *wink*

Virtualpano Studio
    360 VR Tours for Professional Presentation

Edited once, last by irfander (October 12, 2011 at 11:45 AM).

• Hi irfander !
    Converting yout AS3 custom plugin for the IOS needs to recode them with Javascript, so it depends on what you want ^^
    Most of the krpano fonctionnality has been ported to the IOS HTML5, all you can find about it is HERE, look for the limitations.

Furthurmore, there are already many compatible plugins to use for your IOS platforms :
    HERE (look around the orange interface...)

The native plugins that comes with the krpano player pack are : combobox.js, radar.js, moretweentypes.js, soundinterface.js and videoplayerinterface.js...
    Dowload them HERE.

However I recommand you not making overloaded interfaces for your mobile tours:
    the first reason is that most of the time you'll be using 3G so your tours will be slow,
    the second is that the screen size is small, so overloaded interface will take too much space.

Hope I could help here ^^
    Good luck !

Best regards.

• If you look here http://www.krpano.com/docu/plugininterface/#top

you'll see that flash and javascript plugins arent that much different from eachother. As soon as it becomes more visible/designy then flash uses addChild and Sprites/Mc's while javascript uses Dom elements and append.

As long some browsers dont support flash (or CSS3) you always have to program for both. This is as close as it gets.

The only thing you could do (and this is what I do) is to create as much plugins using krpano xml code. It's a bit more bulky and not as strong as javascript or flash, but it prevents you to develop 2 plugins (and maintain/bugfix both). I've created complete galleries, xmls, sliders, menusystems, without touching javascript or flash, and make smart use of textfields, 2x2 png wrappers (with parent system) and images.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!