tablet uses incorrect tiles despite proper recognition by krpano

• Hello,

I try to describe my problem in english egain to have more potential problem solvers.

i have a asus transformer android tablet. it is correctly identified by krpano: istablet, isandroid, isflash and istouch are true.

but this tablet still uses the wrong tiles. it loads the multiresolution tiles that are actually intended for desktop. so the performance on the tablet is very poor.

can someone help me with these problem?

maybe someone has a hint what options to enable and to disable in krpano to achieve a optimal result on mobile devices

thank you

• So nobody can help?

Further tests have shown that always on Android-Devices, Desktop-Tiles are used. Tested with Android Desire and Asus Transformer T101.
    The frightening is that the flash-application runs fairly smoothly at the Desire despite the multi-resolution. On the other hand, it runs pretty poorly on the Transfomer.

Can anyone confirm this or has a solution?

The only thing I can imagine is that the resolution of the transformer cause the problems.

I could live with the desktop-tiles on mobile devices, but it should have a presentable quality.

• Hi,

I assume you were using the 1.0.8.12 version, right?

try using the 1.0.8.14 version - the 1.0.8.12 wasn't able to detect Android tablets,

see here the 1.0.8.14 news post:
    krpano 1.0.8.14

this part:

Improved Multi-Device Support

• The devices attribute can now be used on xml tags.
    • More devices checks.
    • Android Mobile/Tablet Detection

On Android there is no real and reliable way to detected if an Android device is a Mobile Phone or a Tablet Device - so krpano uses the diagonal screen size as decision:
      When the screen size is...
      ... smaller than 6 inch then the device will be detected as Mobile.
      ... bigger than 6 inch then the device will be detected as Tablet.

Notes About Android 3.* Tablets

• The krpanoJS HTML5 viewer is now also ready for Android 3.* Tablets (when using the setting useHTML5("always") during embedding it could be already tested). The controls (including Multi-Touch) are working but the current Android Chrome Browser has still some graphic errors with the CSS 3D transforms (which can be only fixed by Google), so there is currently no automatic HTML5 usage on Android for the moment.

best regards,
    Klaus

• I thought so too. But I use the newest version.

on desktop:
    INFO: krpano 1.0.8.14 (build 2011-09-01)
    INFO: Flashplayer WIN 10.3.183.10 PlugIn

on tablet and mobile android:
    INFO: krpano 1.0.8.14 (build 2011-09-01)
    INFO: Flashplayer AND 11.0.1.152 PlugIn

Meanwhile, my test scene consists of not more than that

i hope you can help me anyway.

thank you.

• a solution that works:

but actually the krpano.swf should do the decision itself !?

Edited once, last by mjdevil (October 7, 2011 at 7:56 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!