iPad interface for krpano tours (MAC droplet added)

• Hey Andrey,

I am having a little trouble with the scale of bottom nav buttons and thumbs when I reduce the size of the PC based window. If I want to put the tour in a small window, such as a div or iframe, the thumbs and lower nav buttons don't shrink in size. The nav buttons end up overlapping each other from left to right, and the thumbs of course are just way too big then.
    Is it plausible (OK) to just use the layout_iphone.xml for the PC also, or can you offer a fix for this in the standard layout.xml?

Thanks,
    Tony

• Hi!
    scaling is not possible, it will be incorrect calculations.
    Yes you can use iphone layout for PC , just change devices attribute in include tag.

Regards
    Andrey.

So I'm confused, how is it that the iphone, ipad, and PC have thumbs and navigation buttons all scaled to different sizes? : small, medium and large? There is obviously some scaling going on with the different screen sizes. But resizing my browser window doesn't have the same effect. If they didn't scale to screen size, then the thumbs on the iPhone and iPad would be way to big if they stayed the same size as on my PC.. (and I know the iPad is using the same layout.xml file).

I also noted a difference in the 2 layout files:

layout.xml : _interface has no scale and a width of 100%
    layout_phone.xml: _interface has scale="2" and width="50%"

What's the purpose of that?

As always,
    Thanks!
    I know you are busy.

• After building a tour via the mac droplet there is no info button and I don´t see a template to fill it with text as well ?!? Anyone a clue? The rest of the interface works as planned though - good work :)

Edit: ok, I was of course able to copy&paste from the demo - and got it working. But maybe there should be a template to fill out for the info button as well in the code?

Edited once, last by abuethe (June 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM).

• I was wondering if it is possible, to generate automatically bigger
    (more width) thumbs for the vtour. And as part of that, is it possible to get the
    scene title in or under the thumbs?

Thanks!

• Hi Andrey,
    your IF_defaultBlack Demo introduces also "Buttons with captions" as an feature.
    Coud you explani closer how to use it.

Greetz
    Mil

Hi!
    Take a look at "show image" in example - that is it (button with caption)

I was wondering if it is possible, to generate automatically bigger
    (more width) thumbs for the vtour. And as part of that, is it possible to get the
    scene title in or under the thumbs?

Thanks!

Hi!
    It's possible, but code is optiomized and, many features - bigger code :)  
    All this code is firstly as an good big example of how to use krpano actions, so just try to understand how it's working (core.xml and layout.xml) then you will can make what you want. *wink*
    But if you want, I can do it for you. (currently I'm very busy, maybe after 2-3 weeks)

After building a tour via the mac droplet there is no info button and I don´t see a template to fill it with text as well ?!? Anyone a clue? The rest of the interface works as planned though - good work :)

Edit: ok, I was of course able to copy&paste from the demo - and got it working. But maybe there should be a template to fill out for the info button as well in the code?

Yes, you are right, the info button is not an part of template, it's just example of how to use this code.
    But, you can add this button to template.

Thank you all
    Regards
    Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi Andrey!

I try to tweak your code to have a flexible scrolable text-plane, for each scene with other text and other width of text window.
    I've canceled your close button, each scene calls the text-plane with init action ...

Code
    _window_hide(win2);
    set(plugin[text].html,'data:text_D2');
    _window_new_fix(win2,get(curr_txtwin_width),get(curr_txtwin_height),text,p2,R);

the actions and styles:

it works pretty well, the problem is to calculate the proprer scroll value ...
    once calculated for the height of the first text it doesn't change after loading other texts ..
    i could'nt get it ...

could you give me a hint?

greetz
    Mil

• Hi!
    It's known issue of textfiled plugin.
    Try this way
    remove textfiled plugin before add.
    And on more thing - you can get correct height of textfield after some delay only.
    That why i always add separate textfileds on tour start for each text.
    And textfiled put in to krpano tag (not in scene) with keep true, just change visibility.

Hope it help
    Regards
    Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi!
    you can add onhover event to thumbs
    automaticaly generated thumbs (each thumb) is a plugin with name
    %1_thumbs_%2 where %1 - thumbs plugin name, %2 - number (from 0 to count-1 of thumbs)
    so, code

Code
    for(set(i,0), i LT plugin[%1].thumb.count, inc(i), 
     txtadd(_name,%1_thumb_,get(i));
     set(plugin[get(_name)].onhover,your_onhover_action(get(_index)););
    );

note! - use this after _thumbs_build();
    each plugin has _index attribute and your show_description might looks like this

Code
    <action name="show_description">
       showtext(get(scene[%1].description));
    </action>

You can use this trick for set any propperties or changes for thumb plugins.
    You even can mark visited use %1_thumbs_%2 name of plugin

OR

in core.xml - _thumbs_build action
    and add additional code line

Regards
    Andrey

• Hi, Andrey!

Maybe just my problem, but with version krpano 1.0.8.15 pano in HTML5-version does not work!
    Is this error or i need try find error in my code(I do a tour of the batch file without changes)?
    Thank you ;)

Panoreal — to make and see this wonderful world! *whistling*

• I was wondering if you could help me please.

I'm redoing a tour with iPad interface and don't really need the mouse drag option but I do need a sound on / off button. I use this code normally for sound toggle which works well

I can change the skin.png no problem to show a speaker on / off icon no problem but not too sure how to go about adjusting the existing code to match my code.

Code
    <plugin style="_button_left" name="_mouse" x="192"

crop_normal="266|0|38|30" crop_down="266|30|38|30" 
    crop_active="266|60|38|30" crop_inactive="266|90|38|30" 
    crop_hover="266|120|38|30"
    	switcher="true" switched="false"
    	onswitchon="set(control.mousetype,moveto)"
    	onswitchoff="set(control.mousetype,drag2d)" 
    />

After several attempts using' pausesoundtoggle' I got it so that the sound starts automatically, I've set the switched="true" making the button blue highlight plus the 'Sound Off' image on it.

Somehow I need to get the sound to pause when I click it and show the sound on icon. Then when it's clicked again go back to the blue state and play the sound.

I know I can just use my original code and simply change the cropped png to match your style of button but I wanted to keep everything on the same skin.png if possible and use existing code.

Thanks for your time,

Andrew

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!