txtadd unable to handle single apostraphe entity

• I've been fighting textfield js for the last couple of days so that it works the same as the flash version.
    I have a link I'm trying to make using txtadd. It fails right when I'm trying to set the first apostraph at window.open. It's as if it's expecting another apostraphe and won't txtadd anything else until it gets it. Any ideas? All other apostraphes in txtfield work just as long as you dont need to stick a variable between them.

Code
    <a href="#" onclick="window.open('http://domain.com');">domain.com</a>

txtadd(plugin[links_bar].html,get(plugin[links_bar].html),
    '[a href=# onclick=&quot;window.open(&apos;',get(website),'&apos;)&quot; ]',
    get(website_display),'[/a]');
    		);
  • Hi,

this is indeed a bit problematic, but using quotes as escaped characters should work,
    codings likes &apos; were resolved already by the xml-parser so using them is not possible in such case,
    but escape codings like % 27 (without space) should work (and inside krpano actions it's necessary to use %% 27 to avoid because of the action parameter resolving),

e.g. try this code - that should work:

Code
    txtadd(plugin[links_bar].html,get(plugin[links_bar].html),'[a href="#" onclick="window.open(%% 27',get(website),'%% 27)"]',get(website_display),'[/a]');

NOTE - the space between the % and 27 must be removed in all cases, the forum-software is also resolving that, so posting the correct code is not possible,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!