Flat pano - initial view

• This is my first project with krpano.
    I have created a Flat pano (an 8m by 1m banner) from a 30,000x3,500 pixel photo, using the MAKE PANO (flat) droplet. Works great. When the panorama.html file first opens, the initial view shows the whole photo, which of course is wide and thin - and not very useful. What I'd like to do is have that initial view zoomed in a bit and off to the left edge of the photo. I have played with the "view" tag (limitview, hlookatmax, hlookatmin,etc.) as well as the "image" tag, changing the hfov from 1 and other elements of this tag(hfov, vfov), but of course once I change hfov from 1, krpano doesn't display this as "flat" but as a cylinder - not what I want.
    So simply - how do I set the initial view to what I want for a flat pan.

Thanks.

• Thanks for reply. Finally got it worked out. Problem was I was entering degrees for the fov, hlookat parameters in the <view> tag. As it's a Flat panorama, the hvof in the <image> tag is set to "1", so the above have to be set to fractions of "1", eg fov="0.3" and hlookat="-0.35".

Now working on getting a text box containing text/html and close button, in the center of the screen, when ever a hotspot is clicked (like the Paris Gigaxel - http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-en.html ). Any pointers to previous posts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks - great program.
    Roger

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!