posterurl is not working on iPad/iPhone in krpano from 21-10-2011

• Hi there,

I can´t get the "posterurl"-tag to work properly. On my iPad1 and with the krpano-iphone-simulator it won´t even show up! And on my old iPod (first generation) the align-tag is somehow ignored. I made a picture for better understanding:

and here the code I use

Code
    <plugin name="video_plugin"
    				url="plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    				alturl="plugins/videoplayer.js"
    				videourl="video.mp4"
    				posterurl="poster.jpg"
    				loop="false"
    				align="center"
    				onclick="play()"
    				/>

Am I missing something?? From my understanding it should work!

Thanks and best regards
    Nupsi

• Hey Klaus,

nope, sorry - I can´t provide a link, because the working-tour lies on the clients server and is pw-protected *sad*

EDIT: Okay, after a lot more testing it seems like that there is´nt anything I can do to solve this problem! Sometimes the posterurl works, sometimes not. No matter what I try, there seems to be no logic behind this behavior. I kind of think that maybe the zorder is a problem and the poster lies behind the video?!? I got no error-message that the poster.jpg was´nt found and when I add a test-plugin with the poster.jpg it shows up just as it should.

Could it be a problem with iOS 5? But than it would work in the krpanoiphone-simulator or in safari using iphone/ipad-agent?!?
    EDIT2: Okay, in krpanoiphone-simulator it works. So why not on the iPad?

I´m using krpanoiphone 2011-10-11 on iPad 1 with iOS5, Safari 5.1 and Atomic Web Browser 5.9.0

Best regards
    Nupsi

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Nupsi (5. November 2011 um 10:30)

• I looks like that I´ve found the problem. It´s the soundinterface.js *attention*
    If the soundinterface is playing some mp3-file and you start a video, the posterurl won´t show up. If you stop the sound before implementing the video, posterurl works.

Maybe you can fix that in some of the future-releases of videoplayer.js, Klaus *smile*

Best regards
    Nupsi

• Hi,

okay, I will check this, but I have to say that would be very strange - there is direct relation between the videoplayer and soundinterface plugins...

but the iPhone and iPad have limitations regarding media (video/sound) usage:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/soundinterface/#html5
    https://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer/#html5

and maybe these limitations are causing the problem here...

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!