posterurl is not working on iPad/iPhone in krpano from 21-10-2011

• Hi there,

I can´t get the "posterurl"-tag to work properly. On my iPad1 and with the krpano-iphone-simulator it won´t even show up! And on my old iPod (first generation) the align-tag is somehow ignored. I made a picture for better understanding:

and here the code I use

Code
    <plugin name="video_plugin"
    				url="plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    				alturl="plugins/videoplayer.js"
    				videourl="video.mp4"
    				posterurl="poster.jpg"
    				loop="false"
    				align="center"
    				onclick="play()"
    				/>

Am I missing something?? From my understanding it should work!

Thanks and best regards
    Nupsi

• Hey Klaus,

nope, sorry - I can´t provide a link, because the working-tour lies on the clients server and is pw-protected *sad*

EDIT: Okay, after a lot more testing it seems like that there is´nt anything I can do to solve this problem! Sometimes the posterurl works, sometimes not. No matter what I try, there seems to be no logic behind this behavior. I kind of think that maybe the zorder is a problem and the poster lies behind the video?!? I got no error-message that the poster.jpg was´nt found and when I add a test-plugin with the poster.jpg it shows up just as it should.

Could it be a problem with iOS 5? But than it would work in the krpanoiphone-simulator or in safari using iphone/ipad-agent?!?
    EDIT2: Okay, in krpanoiphone-simulator it works. So why not on the iPad?

I´m using krpanoiphone 2011-10-11 on iPad 1 with iOS5, Safari 5.1 and Atomic Web Browser 5.9.0

Best regards
    Nupsi

Edited 2 times, last by Nupsi (November 5, 2011 at 10:30 AM).

• I looks like that I´ve found the problem. It´s the soundinterface.js *attention*
    If the soundinterface is playing some mp3-file and you start a video, the posterurl won´t show up. If you stop the sound before implementing the video, posterurl works.

Maybe you can fix that in some of the future-releases of videoplayer.js, Klaus *smile*

Best regards
    Nupsi

• Hi,

okay, I will check this, but I have to say that would be very strange - there is direct relation between the videoplayer and soundinterface plugins...

but the iPhone and iPad have limitations regarding media (video/sound) usage:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/soundinterface/#html5
    https://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer/#html5

and maybe these limitations are causing the problem here...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!