Newbie question; Object movie problems

• Hi, I'm new to krpano, and trying to create an object viewer for the external view of a 3D rendered house. I have 72 frames (one for every 5 degrees around the house) and I have tried to use some very simple scripting to rotate, moveto, autorotate and zoom - however, the ONLY thing that actually works, is the simple rotateleft/rotateright that is created by the MAKE OBJECT droplet.

I am running on OS/X Snow Leopard , but I have tested on Win7 as well. The airplane sample (https://krpano.com/objects/pilatuspc12/) works fine, and I have even tried using that code directly with no luck.

Can anyone let me in on the secret ? How do I get e.g. moveto, zoomto or even set(movevectorz,0) / set(movevectorz,1) to work ? I would have thought it should have been fairly simple from what I have been reading, but I have now spent about 5 hours trying to understand this, and coming up empty.

Could it be that the player is somehow overloaded with the 72 frames ? is there any limitation that I should be aware of in that regard ?

Any assistance is appreciated.

-mortenft

• You might use the included 'editor' plugin to determine the x,y values and fov. Click on the arrow in the upper right hand corner to display the editor values. The commands are documented in the actions / scripting part of the documentation.
    http://www.krpano.com/docu/actions/#moveto

Thanks for your input - the problem is actually that no matter what values I use - nothing happens. It's not that it moves to the wrong spot - it just doesn't move at all.

-MortenFT

• Hi,

Can anyone let me in on the secret ? How do I get e.g. moveto, zoomto or even set(movevectorz,0) / set(movevectorz,1) to work ? I would have thought it should have been fairly simple from what I have been reading, but I have now spent about 5 hours trying to understand this, and coming up empty.

an krpano object movie is not a normal pano - it's technically a flat pano with several frames,
    and the changes of the frames (to rotate the object) are controlled fully by xml,
    see the "objectskin.xml" file for details - there the object controlling is done,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,
    an krpano object movie is not a normal pano - it's technically a flat pano with several frames,
    and the changes of the frames (to rotate the object) are controlled fully by xml,
    see the "objectskin.xml" file for details - there the object controlling is done,

best regards,
    Klaus

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean that moveto, looktohotspot, zoomto etc does not work for an object movie ? I have tried a simple looktohotspot(myhotspot); command, but nothing happens.

The only thing I can get working seems to be rotate left/right and now (finally) zoom.

-MortenFT

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean that moveto, looktohotspot, zoomto etc does not work for an object movie ? I have tried a simple looktohotspot(myhotspot); command, but nothing happens.

these actions are working, but note - that the object movie is flat pano - and a flat pano in krpano is a very small partial pano with hfov="1.0" - that means when using these actions you need to use small ath/atv coordinates (e.g. between -0.5 and +0.5) and the acceleration settings (smooth) also would need to be adjusted for these ranges,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

these actions are working, but note - that the object movie is flat pano - and a flat pano in krpano is a very small partial pano with hfov="1.0" - that means when using these actions you need to use small ath/atv coordinates (e.g. between -0.5 and +0.5) and the acceleration settings (smooth) also would need to be adjusted for these ranges,

I don't understand what that means I'm afraid. I would have thought that the looktohotspot(hotspotname) would work - but this is not the case. Nothing happens....and the moveto, zoomto, lookat takes atH and atV values - but whatever I use, nothing happens.

Do you have any code examples that displays how to use these functions on an object movie ? That would really help me out. It is very frustrating to not understand this, and I have spent many hours now trying to get this to work...

-MortenFT

• Hi

the values in these functions must be very small, that's all,
    e.g. a object movice is pano with a horizontal range/fov from -0.5 to +0.5,
    all ath/atv coordinates should be in that range,

e.g.

Code
    lookto(0.1, 0.05, 0.5, smooth(0.5,0.5,0.2));

best regards,
    Klaus

• the values in these functions must be very small, that's all,
    e.g. a object movice is pano with a horizontal range/fov from -0.5 to +0.5,
    all ath/atv coordinates should be in that range,

e.g.

Code
    lookto(0.1, 0.05, 0.5, smooth(0.5,0.5,0.2));

I finally figured this out. I was using a fovtype="VFOV" and a fairly small resolution file. This caused the entire image to be visible on the screen at any time - basically making it very confusing for me to figure out any values to actually use. If I zoomed a little in on the image, I could suddenly read values in the atv/ath using the options plugin - and it started working :)

-MortenFT

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!