SOLVED: iPhone / iPad simulator and videos - but can anyone check on his ipad please

• Hi all!

I'm trying to make my first example embedding a video (plugin and hotspot) for an iPad.
    I don't have an iPad, so I rely on the great iPhone/iPad simulator created by Klaus.
    I can make both work for Safari-Desktop, but as soon as I test the same example in the simulator, nothing appears.

Is there any known issues with videos and the simulator?

Is there any chance that a video can actually works in an iPad despite nothing shows up in the simulator?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

• Sorry for the confusion.

I should have put an example in the firs place. It always helps.

This Link is a test to check if a video works as a hotspot and a plugin in html5. Everything works as expected when I open it using Safari in my Denktop.

This Link is the very same xml file (main_js.xml ) as before, this time opened using your iphone/iPad simulator. Nothing shows there.

So my simplified question is, does the videos work in the iPad?

Thank you for your help!

• Thank you Hans, your post actually led me to find the solution to the problem.

The html file was actually loading the flash version *tongue*
    Once I made the pertinent changes to load the html5 version, I could see that the path to the videos was wrong.
    I put the correct path and now everything works like a charm!

Desktop: Link
    iPad simulator: Link

Thanks!

• Every thing works fine in my computer, but a friend of mine says that sometimes he can see an error saying that it cannot find the xml file and sometimes it's the video file which is missing. It's quite random...
    I really would appreciate it a third opinion.

Here is the link

Link (iPad only)

Million thanks!

Rafael

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!