Easy, way too easy way to exit Goodreader

• Goodreader is probably the most popular way to view KrPano's off line on iPad. While it has a lot of issues, figuring out a way to exit the 360 has been a common issue. You can add links to a PDF, or external site (only works if wifi connected) or use a full screen open with then a button to close full screen.

Anyway, all of these solutions can easily be put in the past, I've found a very simple way to exit - just use the log!

Open the log by swiping up from the bottom right corner, tap in the log area and you've got your goodreader exit.

Yea! *smile*

Robert

• Nah, not what I meant. Anything can cause an unexpected warning. Loss of connectivity for example will cause a loading error or unforeseen bug. Mostly I cant use the console like that cause I have a button there already so I copy paste my hidden hotspot and I'm done. Too bad GR doesn't have some proprietary gesture. Or maybe it does. I managed to whitescreen it doing something today.

• Goodreader is probably the most popular way to view KrPano's off line on iPad. While it has a lot of issues, figuring out a way to exit the 360 has been a common issue. You can add links to a PDF, or external site (only works if wifi connected) or use a full screen open with then a button to close full screen.

Anyway, all of these solutions can easily be put in the past, I've found a very simple way to exit - just use the log!

Open the log by swiping up from the bottom right corner, tap in the log area and you've got your goodreader exit.

Yea! *smile*

Robert

Unfortunately this does not work when you have a navigation bar or for example a logo in the corner.
    And the link on the logo does not work when you are offline, but of course you can change that to an internal link to your special entry page.

A close button linking to your html start page is the only way if you want to make a usable offline version for your client.

Hans

• Yes, of course I was not talking about giving a client the option to use the log exit, just a easy way to exit if your showing off a work to a client on your own iPad and you've not added any interface clutter.

I've found linking to a local PDF as the best way for me, as it allows you to show yet another image to a client. But, there are many ways to exit. Now, if only Goodreader would work as well as Safari, which is a lot of trouble to begin with.

I love using the iPad, hate having to develop for it. Nothing but problems if you try to use embedded videos, sound, lots of links, etc.

Cheers,

Robert

• hi,

i have litle solution for look in goodreader
    make your visite in iframe with title text when you want exit click it
    i do it when i want local demo turn ipad if title text not see for exit

• I have found two ways of dealing with the fullscreen issue in goodreader - first, when you first open goodreader, the previously opened tour will auto load - if you catch it in time you can "back" out in the upper left corner and get back to your documents. Second, I simply close Goodreader, close the app (double click on the start button, then hold your finger on the goodreader icon until it shakes, then delete) - then when you reopen Goodreader, you are back to your documents.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!