textfield removes space after html closing tag

• Hi there

here's a strange behaviour of textfield : if i use this html data

Code
    <data name="myhtml"><p>ceci est un test de couleur vive</p></data>

then the sentence is correctly rendered

but if i add some html tags for example :

Code
    <data name="myhtml"><p><span class="myclass">ceci est un test</span> de <font color="#FF6600">couleur</font> vive</p></data>

here's what is displayed : ceci est un testde couleurvive

the spaces after closing tags are removed.

how to avoid this behaviour?

thanks!

• hmmm problem ic my html is produced by tinymce.

will be a bit tricky to implement that 'insaide space' rule but i will try.

Klaus any idea on how to fix that bug? maybe by playing with textfield source?

Thanks!

• Hi,

sorry, I'm not sure now, but I think the Flashplayer itself is removing that white spaces already during xml parsing...
    I will check this, but when it's the Flashplayer xml parser, I think then there is not much that can be done here...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

okay, this can be also the case, but I think it's from the xml parser...

about compiling on a Mac - sorry, I have never tried to use the Flex mxmlc compiler on Mac by myself,
    on Windows it's pretty simple, but what I have seen on Mac it's a bit more complex...
    try googleing for "mxmlc mac" - there are several tutorials,

best regards,
    Klaus

• well, just gave it a shot and condenseWhite set to false doesn't fix the bug..

will go for a php processing that includes the white space inside the tags.

but that's a little bit crazy flash html run like this...

thank you all!

• this problem disappears if you embed font in textfield

:)

see https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…embed#post33970

Ok here's what finaly fixed the bug for me:

-recompile textfield.as with txt.condenseWhite set to false (l180)
    -adding two white space before begenning <font> tag and one before ending </font> tag

with this text looks equal on Flash and IOS.

Hope it helps!

Regards

Edited once, last by rebaj83 (January 23, 2012 at 2:59 PM).

• Hallo zusammen,

I'm having an issue with text being clipped under an image in the textfield. I looked at the recompiling solution and tried that with condenseWhite="false" and it seemed to have no effect.

I did get this warning: This compilation unit did not have a factoryClass specified in Frame metadata to load the configured runtime shared libraries. To compile without runtime shared libraries either set the -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries option to true or remove the -runtime-shared-libraries option.

Since I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to recompiling files, I'm not sure what that means, how to fix it or even if it matters.

The image I've attached shows the clipped text.

I'm just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!