Find objects panorama game, how to do it ?

• Hi all, I hope this is the correct forum to ask this question, if not feel free to direct me to the right place.

I have been trying to create a very simple hidden object game with a real photographic pano.

Reading through this forum I am extremely overwhelmed by the games made by zephyr and spacerywirtualne.
    Could anybody please set me in the right direction as to how this is achieved ? I suspect hotspots with added javascript ?

What I want to do is really simple, have 5 objects hidden in a panorama and keep some kind of score, or visual reference to what they have already found.

I really have no clue where to start

Best
    erki

• Hi,

As you can see in my signature, I've made such a game. It was my graduation project. At the time I made it, there was no ipad support yet for krpano, so It's flash only.

the basics are simple:
    - The world is created in 3d (3dsmax). This was a choice, since we wanted to integrate 3d in the whole. Alsoo, since the game is ment as a educational lesson, 3d would allow us to go beyond whats real. Imagine going into a human body and learn about anatomy, or go straight to WW II.
    - The object are pictures distorted intoo the panorama. Since its 3d, we could use the same lightning as the scenery, making it harder to find
    - The object sends an event to Flash which keeps track of all object found and shows it in a grid.
    - the objects dont have a handcursor, this so children couldnt just scan with the mouse to find the object.
    - The status dropping down is a flash animation combined with some after effects fx, like the dust coming up.
    - Music and sound adds to the immersive effect
    - You get a reward after you find all 10 object (basicly a fireworks scene)
    - We tried to make the game, child proof. Basicly you start the game fullscreen, if you go out of fullscreen, the game pauses. Alsoo added clear green/red choices (good/bad).
    - We also added some interactive elements. For instance, in the temple, did you try to click the torches? http://talentstoolkit.com/pano/game/?xml=pano/photo_1_1.xml

Since it was our plan to create more chapters and subjects, I kept the code clean and modular. So I could add more chapters easily. But after 2 years, my knowledge of krpano increased and krpano expanded. Its still my plan to rewrite it, ipad compatible, and higher quality 3d renders.

• Hello Zephyr,

Thanks for the info, I really think your game is top, really nice attention to detail and a great source of inspiration.
    It'll be a while I guess before I can come up with something as good as your game, but I'm trying.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!