Image plugin on top of google map

• Is it possible to place an image plugin on the google map plugin? To be a bit more specific, can I have the Google Maps plugin be the parent of an image plugin and use edge and align to position the image?

I've tried it and so far all I get is a squished image that isn't positioned quite right, so I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if it just isn't possible. Has anyone tried this before and succeeded?

• Hi chrispen ^^
    Never tried it but i see two things that may help you:
    - Have you try using zorder on map and plugin, with map zorder<plugin zorder ?
    - Try to find on the forum something about the wmode of your vtour calling script in the HTML, and settle it to "opaque".

If I take two minutes to think about it, I'm pretty sure that you can use this following solution, it may work:

- Create a background for your map and set it to be the map parent.
    - Call your map where you want on the background
    - Create your plugin and place it with parent settled to bakground...

Like :

Doing this your image plugin will align on the background plugin, but will be over the map ^^
    Hope it could help !!

Feed backi please if it works *wink*

Regards.

• Hi,

I've tried it and so far all I get is a squished image that isn't positioned quite right,

thanks, yes, there is a bug regrading placing child plugin elements on the googlemaps plugin (and also on the videoplayer plugin),
    this will be fixed in the next release,

as workaround it would be possible to add - scalechildren="true" - to the googlemaps plugin (the child elements will not be scaled, but this fixes the bug),

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!