• Hello

Firstly apologies if this is not the correct way to register a bug - please advise the correct method

Bug Details
    =========

<contextmenu enterfs="Fullscreen" exitfs="Exit Fullscreen">
    <item name="example" caption="xabout" onclick="aboutus();" />
    </contextmenu>

To reproduce the bug change the text for the caption to "about" - the item will no longer appear on the context menu.
    I have tried different strings - it appears that "about" in this context is a reserved word.

If this is verified and a specific issue rather than a general one then I feel a simple documentation update would suffice. I spent several hours
    debugging this one as a missing item is not easily or quickly identified as being due to a specific choice of characters for what is simply a text label.

Jonnie

• Hi,

thanks for reporting that!

But this is not a krpano bug - it's the Flashplayer itself how is filtering out that item.

I have to say I was also not aware of that, but I have looked up now the Flashplayer documentation regarding that and found this - look there for 'Restrictions':
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPla…xtMenuItem.html

and I have added a note and a link to that now also in the krpano documentation:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#contextmenu

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for the rapid response Klaus,

I think the documentation you have added closes this issue.

My main concern is that this problem can take a long time to diagnose, people who have not used flash directly may
    assume that a caption is only a label for the user to read and therefore provided that it only contains "valid" characters
    then the code should not really care what the contents are.

I only managed to debug this by a process of methodical elimination and even when I had isolated a working case and a non-working
    case I still found it difficult to believe that this was the problem because I had assumed that a caption was simply a human readable label and that the contents
    should not be of interest to the code.

A newbie programmer might not have got to the bottom of this one - thankfully I have twenty years pro programming behind
    me and I am used to using a patient and methodical process of decomposition and elimination when intuition or knowledge fails to find the answer.

I must say that it is early days for me with Krpano but so far I have nothing else but praise for your methodical, well thought out system, I have recently started
    with another piece of software (for stitching) from a different source and I can only say I wish that they had the same eye for detail, usability, logic and consistency
    that I feel you have, I feel that Krpano is a professionally and well designed, well written piece of software.

This gives me confidence in basing my commercial activities around your code instead of the competition.

Kind regards
    Jonnie.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!