krpano Combobox Accordion menu

• No wouldnt be possible. Atleast probally real hard.

You'd be best to create this using as3 (lots of example on activeden.net)

or you could create some sort of textfield parent system. But this would require alot of krpano knowledge.

• The textfield parenting-technique Zephyr mentioned would be my choice to go. Should´nt be that hard, because it´s mainly a zorder, parent-child and tweening-thing. But I´m not sure if the textfield-plugin supports masking?!

Best regards
    Nupsi

• The textfield parenting-technique Zephyr mentioned would be my choice to go. Should´nt be that hard, because it´s mainly a zorder, parent-child and tweening-thing. But I´m not sure if the textfield-plugin supports masking?!

Best regards
    Nupsi

The tweening would be the hardest. For example, pressing the center item, pushes the the bottom one down, while tweenclosing the previous content while tween opening the center content. Getting this nailed is hard without proper event dispatching. If the textfield plugin doesnt support masking, it would be even harder.

I did a system like this in flash http://www.viadrupsteen.nl

It has variable text, content,width, height, colors, a scrollbar and some other feats.

• Your flash-version is pretty cool, Zephyr *thumbup* I just created a self configurated scroll-textfield with autosize- and tween-functions in krpano and can imagine the work behind it!

And I agree, redoing the exact same behavior in krpano just with xml would be a dependency-nightmare. But I think as soon as the dependencies are in theory on the paper, the programming would´nt be that hard. I guess the hardest thing would be to not loose the overview in the if-trees. Right now I´m working on an xml-image gallery where you can just drop the images in a predefined folder and man, this is giving me a hard time *wacko* I can barely see the red line in my own code *g*

Best regards
    Nupsi

• Your flash-version is pretty cool, Zephyr *thumbup* I just created a self configurated scroll-textfield with autosize- and tween-functions in krpano and can imagine the work behind it!

And I agree, redoing the exact same behavior in krpano just with xml would be a dependency-nightmare. But I think as soon as the dependencies are in theory on the paper, the programming would´nt be that hard. I guess the hardest thing would be to not loose the overview in the if-trees. Right now I´m working on an xml-image gallery where you can just drop the images in a predefined folder and man, this is giving me a hard time *wacko* I can barely see the red line in my own code *g*

Best regards
    Nupsi

The trick is not to use alot of if statements. A menu is not that different than a gallery. They're a list of object, one being a texfield and the other an image :)

I usually start creating a abstract array, thinking, which property do I want to make variable. For instance:

<gallery maxrows="3" current_selected="0" >
    <image name="img1" title="pretty beach" url="/images/img_1.jpg" />
    </gallery>

Then it's basicly doing a foreach loop using the new for (or asyncfor) method in krpano

I think Tuur has a good xml gallery script I helped him with, somewhere on this forum

• Hi All,

Thank you for ideas and insights. Its very informative.

Anyways, I have a flash accordion menu now with an XML. Below Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <data>
    <item url="http://www.flashxml.net" target="_blank"><![CDATA[<mainmenu>Home</mainmenu>]]></item>
    <list><![CDATA[<mainmenu>Info</mainmenu>]]>
    </data>

Now, in the krpano combobox menu xml file. This is the code:

<krpano version="1.0.8.14" logkey="false">
    <plugin name="combobox" url="virtualdata/graphics/combobox.swf" keep="true" align="lefttop" x="10" y="10"/>
    <action name="combobox:Main Lobby">action(closeglobalobjects);ifnot(stopSequen ce === undefined,action(interruptAnimation);loadpano(vi
    rtual0.xml,NULL,NULL,BLEND(1));</action>

<!--Raise sequence stopper and wait sequence time to break the delayed calls-->
    ifnot (stopSequence === undefined,
    set(stopSequence,true);
    wait(0);
    );
    </action>
    </krpano>

How can i implement the xml code of the krpano combobox, to my accordion menu xml files.

Am a little lost.

Thank you so much.

All the best,

Bryan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!