2 beginner-ish questions

• 1. Any way to get Adobe AIR output, instead of Flash Payer output, from the krpanoTools? I'm interested in making a standalone desktop app for a tradeshow.

2. I want to create a simple panorama with captions that appear, and then disappear, when the objects that they describe rotate into an area near the center of the field of view. So, for instance if my panorama is of a kitchen, when the toaster nears the center of the view a caption fades up with some facts about the toaster and then fades back down as the toaster rotates away from the center.

How can I "hook" into the code with some AS3 that will handle my captions? I know how to write the AS3, but where would I put it?

thanks,
    Craig
    Portland, Or.

• Ok, I've answered my own questions.
    1. there's no AIR (at least as of version 1.08.14)
    2. put AS3 in an .fla that loads the krpano.swf and that refers to krpano functions with krpano.call("function goes in here()" )

I'm not yet quite sure when or why one would use Flash instead of the xml-programming approach. Any ideas, anyone?

c.u.

• Flash is a wider knowledgable then krpano specific syntax ;) For some its easier to create interfaces in flash. Although you still need to learn krpano syntax. Alsoo if you want to create a complex interface, with like, I dunno, thumbnails bars, animated menus, autoresponsive autoresizing ui elements etc for some, flash would be easier. In the end its better to create krpano xml only interface and plugins, since they would work both on IOS devices and Flash devices.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!