Javascript plugin - is there a full example?

• I would like to call javascript function from krpano. I follow the documentation: https://krpano.com/docu/plugininterface/#js , with no luck. I do not see an example in krpano distribution that demonstrates this functionality.

Bear with me, I am Javascripts begginer:
    1) Should the plugintemplate.js work on IE8?
    2) Where do I place the javascript code? Could I just add it to the krpano generated html like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
    var swf = createswf("krpano.swf", "krpanoSWFObject", "100%", "100%");
    swf.addVariable("xml", "Citysmall.xml");
    swf.embed("krpanoDIV");

var krpanoplugin = function()
    {
    var local = this;
    var krpano = null;
    var plugin = null;
    local.registerplugin = function(krpanointerface, pluginpath, pluginobject)
    {
    krpano = krpanointerface;
    krpano.trace("hello from plugin.");
    }
    function fun()
    {
    krpano.trace(1,"fun called");
    }
    };

The code above does no work for me on IE8. The "registerplugin" is never called. Also, I cannot get the function "fun" called from krpano. *cursing*

• Hi, the javascirpt plugin should be a javascript plugin ;)

in other words:

<plugin url="the_flash_plugin.swf" alturl="alternative_js_plugin.js" />

or <plugin url="js_plugin.js" devices="ipad" />

there you can use: https://krpano.com/docu/plugininterface/#js

But this ofcourse wont work on IE8. Js plugins only work on browsers that support the krpano jsviewer like the ipad, safari or chrome. Which means, if you build a great plugin, you have to create an exact same version for desktop users.

• Thanks for the clarification. The confusing part is that krpano distribution contains "javascript-interface" demos that works fine on IE8. Because of that, I was convinced the javascript plugin should work as well. OK, time to learn Flash.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!