You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Graydon

Professional

• "Graydon" started this thread

Saturday, May 9th 2009, 7:15am

transparent background

I don't really need this... but I was testing out some different "things" and started thinking... it would be interesting if I could load krpano and have a transparent background.

Of course, this little capability wouldn't matter when a pano was loaded.... but if you were using krpano for other things... transparency might be kinda cool.

This isn't a pressing issue... just a thought. : )

jl-krp

Intermediate

Sunday, May 10th 2009, 11:49pm

transparent backgrounds

Hi Greydon,
Surely you could load a transparent png or a gif into the window?
Regards
JL

Graydon

Professional

Monday, May 11th 2009, 12:12am

Unfortunately that doesn't work. krpano has a defualt stage color of black. It can be changed when embedding, to any other solid color. And you can load a plugin if you want something more complicated... but either way... krpano will sit on top of and hide any underlying html based image / structure you have.

Monday, May 11th 2009, 8:11am

You have to make a transparent png under cs3 and it's work well *thumbsup*

sorry I don't read all the topic *cry*

Monday, May 11th 2009, 11:08am

Hi,

transparency to html should be possible via the Flash "wmode" Parameter,
e.g.

Source code

so.addParam("wmode","transparent");

but note - this parameters costs a lot of performance and can make the flash jerky!

best regards,
Klaus

Graydon

Professional

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 4:01am

didn't realize you could ignore setting the bgcolor in the params and get a transparent krpano with wmode=transparent.

Guess I should try out some things like that before saying they can't be done *rolleyes*

I could live with the performance issue... as I wouldn't plan on showing anything significant while being transparent.

An equally big issue is that whenever I switch to wmode: "transparent"... I lose the mousewheel zoom *sad* But without a pano there... it isn't that critical.

Graydon

nelk

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 12:18pm

Hi,

transparency to html should be possible via the Flash "wmode" Parameter,

but note - this parameters costs a lot of performance and can make the flash jerky!

Good to know.

Does the wmode opaque costs performance too ?
VideoStitch, a video stitching engine / blog sur les visites virtuelles ( french ).

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 5:14pm

Hi,

sorry, I don't know, I haven't worked with transparent or opaque yet, just test it

but I think opaque will not mean a transparent background,
only that other html elements can overlay the flash...

best regards,
Klaus