Sporadic Black faces on Cube Panos - JS viewer Safari

• Hi,

Since I dont have an iPad I am using the Safari PC browser facility to change user agent to simulate ipad ( iOS 4.3.3 ).

With uploaded cube panos I sometimes find that if I am impatient during the load and try and interact with the mouse then one or more "faces" of
    the cube are black and do not get uploaded. In all cases I get the fuzzy preview face uploaded first so the behaviour is retrograde in the sense that
    we progress to fuzzy preview but then take the step backward of reverting to a black face or faces on the panocube.

I cannot always get this behaviour and it seems to be easier to provoke when I am using a lot of bandwidth
    on my connection. I expect users to show similar behaviour - ie to try and interact before load has completed.

I cannot reproduce this reliably - it is an intermittent fault.

The behaviour I expected to see is that the low resolution faces would load and if there was a problem uploading one or more high resolution faces then
    I would expect these to stay "fuzzy" but not revert to a black face.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Each face is typically 200-400K - I am on broadband but I would not expect the speed of the connection to alter behaviour in this respect - ie final appearance should not depend on connection speed - only time to "get there" should vary?

Thanks

Jon

krpano-1.0.8.14-2011-11-22

• Hi,

I have seen that too sometimes in Desktop Safari - but this is not an krpano issue and have notthing to do with the filesizes or the internet connection - it's the Safari itself - it seems sometimes (maybe when it's running out of memory or so...) that the browser is trying to swap out or reload/rebuild it's internal images/textures,
    but this is something that can't be controlled in any way, I would call it a bug/problem in Desktop Safari...

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!