HTML embedding via Javascript bugs can't replace Div content once Krpano Tour embedded.

• Hi all having a bit of an issue with embedpano and other methods for embedding the Krpano tours I have created.

The main problem seems to be that I can't embed content in the same div after I have loaded my krpano tour by any of the embed methods.

Question probably been asked before but is there any way to un embed rather than just change the content in the div.

Whats really weird is it seems to be browser and operating system dependent.. For example

Windows 7 - firefox = works
    Windows 7 - safari = doesn't work
    Windows 7 - ie = doesn't work

Mac Os 10 - safari = works
    Mac Os 10 - ie = unknown
    Mac Os 10 - firefox = unknown

therefore rewriiten javascript code for my site abouta 100 times looking for problems / work arounds.

am gonna write some really simple code tomorrow to test just loading a jpg in the div before and after a tour has been loaded in there and will post results..

Also had problems with the createPanoViewer method in Safari on Windows 7.

Anyone had any similar issues or know any work arounds

Will post links to code fragments tomorrow ie Tuesday it's late now and just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Look forward to hearing from you all
    *g*

• For anyone that may of looked at this and thought what is he on about - I've fixed it yipeeeee *g*

for anyone that may look at this and think I'm having that problem here is how I got round it.

initially i figured it was an inside outside object issue as firfox uses inside and internet explorer and safari use outside this dind't work for me though after another code rewrite to remove swf and recreate the div it was in all way out of my normal programming range but stuggled along and it still didn't work.

Therefore I hit the drawing board again and decided that in the function I called from the tour xml file in javascript that I'd use the document.getElementById("name").innerHTML and set it to = "hello world";

low and behold I can now place other stuff back in the div element again without using the innerHTML method which didn't work for what I was trying to place in there.
    It's one of those bugging things though... It works!!! but I don't know why!? I'm one of those people who really likes to know how and why stuff works so will be comming back to this at some point when I've got time but in the meantime if anyone has an explanation great.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!