tour.xml validation error after using MAKE VTOUR droplet

• Whenever I create a tour with the MAKE VTOUR droplet (ver. 1.0.8.14, 2011-09-12), I always get validation errors between the </image> tag and </scene> tag on every scene that is added to the tour. Its not a problem when viewing flash version, however if I set user agent to ipad or iphone through safari, then the html5 tour will have errors and won't load. After I delete the extra empty lines, html5 version works fine.

It is easy enough to open the tour.xml file and delete a handful of empty lines every time I make a tour, but what can i edit to eliminate the extra lines when I use the droplet in the future?

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

[Edit]
    version is: krpanotools-1.0.8.14-mac64-2011-12-20

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von agn1022 (19. Januar 2012 um 16:37)

• 2 links:

IndianTrails-2: tour.xml has three empty line between every </image> and </scene> tags, not cleaned up after being generated by MAKE VTOUR droplet. Error begins on line74.
    Safari>user agent>iPad has fatal error

IndianTrails-3: tour.xml has been manually cleaned up, and the middle of the three empty lines has been removed.
    Safari>user agent>iPad works

I'll attach tour.xml from IndianTrails-2 tour.xml

I'm a newbie (recent convert from TourWeaver) and still learning; i'll welcome any other advice/suggestions offered.

• Hi,

it seems your 'vtour_hotspottemplate.xml' file is not valid anymore - it seem just contains a 'Hex 08' character, and this character is no valid, and will be insert into every <scene> were the example 'vtour_hotspottemplate.xml' normally was added,

best regards,
    Klaus

• My editor of choice was not the issue in this case, but I will keep that in mind in the future.

Klaus was exactly right. The reason I was getting errors from the MAKE VTOUR droplet was because I had changed vtour-mres.config by removing:

"xmltemplate_additional_file=xml/vtour_hotspottemplate.xml"

because I was trying to make tours without hotspots (I shouldn't need the hotspot template, right? Wrong). So once I removed the xmltemplate_additional_file line the 'hex 08' character was in the place of the missing content from vtour_hotspottemplate.xml, which throws the error in html5

I replaced the missing line in vtour-mres.config and all is well.

Out of curiosity, what file would I edit to prevent the insertion of that 'hex 08' character into my tour.xml when I use the MAKE VTOUR droplet? Or am I stuck manually deleting the hotspot template for every scene on every tour?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!