Trying to close a pop-up plugin on a 'onviewchange' event

• I'm sure I'm just not quite coding the magic words but: I'm trying to get a pop-up plugin to close when there's a 'onviewchange' event.

My plugin is simply a .png that has a name=testwindow1 and a visible that's set to"true" when a hotspot is clicked.

To make the visible = "false" I try this:

Code
    <events  onviewchange= "checkH();" />

then:

Code
    <action name="checkH"> 	if ( (plugin[testwindow1].visible,true), set(plugin[testwindow1].visible,false) );   </action>

But the plugin doesn't respond. I've also tried putting the set(plugin[testwindow1].visible,false) inside a seperate action which I call from the if statement, but that's a no-go as well.

Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance, Craig.

• Thanks for your help with syntax but your code still doesn't affect my plugin.

I'm confused by this, because I have a functioning piece of code, inside an action connected to the 'onclick' event in the plugin, that lets me "close" the plugin when click anywhere directly on the plugin. But when I put the same code, or action-call, inside another action I get nothing!

So, to be clear, when I do this:

Code
    <plugin name="testwindow1" url="testpopup.png"  visible="true"  enabled="true" " alpha="1.0"  onclick="Simonshutsup()" />

and this:

Code
    <action name="Simonshutsup">  set(plugin[testwindow1].visible,false); </action>

it works.

But when I do this:
    <events onviewchange= "checkH();" />
    and this:

Code
    <action name="checkH">  if ( plugin[testwindow1].visible, set(plugin[testwindow1].visible,false) ); </action>

it doesn't work!

As they say in the Bronx, "What's up with that?"

• I was wrong. It works! I just needed to get a good night's sleep and be careful about the order of execution inside of actions that call other actions.

Thanks for your help.

c.u.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!