Problem with picture hotspot in 1.0.8.14 on iPad - difference vs. 1.0.8.12

• Hi, i came back to krpano after nearly year of brake to create new virtual tour, and i just finished it. FInal destination of this tour is iPad app. It's working quite nicely, except one thing:

i'm using picture hotspots for loading and showing of images (for each piece in gallery there is card with info about this particular art). When i did this last year with 1.0.8.12, it was working like charm - you clicked on "magnifying glass with + sign" and card with info showed. With current version it's working same way, with one major glitch - magnifying glass will not disappear and is still present on screen, how you can see on attached picture. This error appears just on iPad, so i didn't found it until now :(.

I tested old tour created last year and it's still working without problem. I checked XML definition for hotspot, but it's basically just copied from last years project. So then i tried to copy new version of Krpano to old project and now it behaves exactly same like new project - hotspot will not disappear as expected.

From this i can came just with one conclusion - something is different in .14 version, and without help i have no chance to get rid of this problem.

You can simulate this problem with Safari on desktop, when you choose iPad as User Agent in Develop menu.

http://dl.optio.cz/amoya/tour.html?scenetoload=scene_prvni-3

Thanks for fast help!

• Hi,

this is technically limitations (bug) of the current Safari browsers regarding to the distorted hotspots (in version 1.0.8.12 there were no distorted hotspots, so the problem doesn't occur there),

when the distorted hotspots were placed over the normal hotspot elements, then the Javascript events were not working correctly anymore, so it was neccesery to put them behind the normal hotspots,

but I working already on solution by avoiding the buggy browser events and doing the click detection by my own, then I can re-order the hotspots correctly,

a temporary solution would be like Sacha already recommended hiding the magnifying glasses as long as the hotspots is visible, and then showing it again on hotspot minimizing,
    or just disable the distorted hotspots (then it will be like in version 1.0.8.12),

best regards,
    Klaus

• I've found another issue - i use animated hotspots for walking between scenes. When such hotspot is covered by picture opened by pic-hotspot, i can't close this picture by taping on it. I must move with panorama so animated hotspot is out of the picture, then i can close it.

So if i can somehow "restore" behavior of hotspots from .12, it will be best way for me.

Thanks

Martin

---
    Edit: seems that this is not replicable...

---
    2nd edit - so, it appears quite often during testing, but not every time... great for bugfixing.

Edited 2 times, last by maler (January 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!