iPhone/iPad and krpano ... need a PhD to make this work?

• OK, I consider myself someone intelligent enough to solve many of life's riddles, includes such hits like: "How do I make a living despite this economy" and "Mama not paying my rent no mo", etc, etc. And I've managed to make it through 31 years of life having built two profitable businesses, marrying a beautiful woman, and travelling the world... but then came krpano.

Now, given my accomplishments to date, one might think that I am perfectly able to figure out how to figure out this krpano and make it work with iPhone/iPad... oh boy are you all wrong. I am hitting such a brick wall with this app I just don't know what to do.

Ok, so here's my progress so far: I managed to download the krpano package and read through the ins ructions on making a pano via dropping previously created pano images onto the "MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet.app" script. This in turn created a nice vtour folder with the appropriate html file that when opened showed a perfectly functioning tour. Success so far. Then, with my sheer cunning and brain strength, I read that one must copy the krpanoiphone.js file into the newly created vtour folder in order for iphones/ipads to view the pano when directed to the html file.

I then tested the html file and sure enough, it worked hunky dory in Safari on my Macbook Pro... but when I selected "develop>User agent>Safari iPhone", I got a black screen with the words "krpanoJS demo version". Why oh why is this not showing me a working watermarked iPhone version? Or iPad version? ... Just this "demo" text?

I am not ready to purchase the paid version if I can't test to ensure it will even work. Can someone guide me back onto the path of sanity with a solution to this? I'm running very low on options and not sure what I can do to make this work... I like the ease of these scripts, but this seems to be a major stumbling block. And why are there no CLEAR tutorials on making this iphone/ipad fallback work?

Sorry about the sarcasm... just felling a bit crazy. *wacko*

• Sarcasm appreciated. Try this instead. Take the dummy license and place it in the tools folder and then drop your image. It should work as desired.

By default, the mobile/tablet images are not created unless you change things in the config files OR have the "license" in the tools folder.

• Hi Jarredja,

In my haste, I must have overlooked the not obvious instruction:

Zitat

The possibilities compared to Flash are limited. It's only possible to use cubical pano images.
    A triangle based 3D rendering, which would allow things like Fisheye / 'Little Planet' projections, spherical / cylindrical and partial panos is not possible with the CSS 3D transforms.

All this time I've been submitting cylindrical panos (no zenith nor nadir)... now when I edited the pano to 360x180 aspect, it worked!

So solved one problem only to find another:

I now have a large white dot at the zenith and nadir... and lord help me, I don't have images for them. What to do? Quick solution for adding a logo or information on these points so it wraps correctly when formatted into a panorama?

Thanks Jarrtedja!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von panopete (28. Januar 2012 um 19:07)

• You could drop your 360 image onto the sphere to cube tool and edit the individual cube up and down images (or put a cap) with an image editor. Then copy all cubes (6 per pano) and drop them on the tool that you have been using. Or you could add plugins like what is shown in the nadir plugin in the example folder.

• Thanks Jarredja. I figured it out ... used the following:

<hotspot name="nadircap" url="cap.png" ath="0" atv="90" distorted="true" scale="1.0" enabled="false" />
    <hotspot name="zenithcap" url="cap.png" ath="0" atv="-90" distorted="true" scale="0.5" enabled="false" />

And after probably 6 hours of trial and error, I got the virtual tour working and looking almost perfect... but there are a couple more things that totally stump me:

1) how would I add a static overlay image with buttons at the bottom of the pano? Like a menu but with a footer border with logo, etc. Do I just make a png file and then embed it via the xml? Ideas on the coding? Something like this: http://www.360images.fr/angers-gigapixels.html

2) how would I add a pop up help/about info box explaining how to use the panorama to new users? Ideally it would work like a shadowbox but it doesn't have to.

Thanks,
    P

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von panopete (30. Januar 2012 um 08:58)

• Hi,

1) how would I add a static overlay image with buttons at the bottom of the pano? Like a menu but with a footer border with logo, etc. Do I just make a png file and then embed it via the xml? Ideas on the coding? Something like this: http://www.360images.fr/angers-gigapixels.html

static images were included and positioned by <plugin> elements in the xml,
    see here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#plugin

e.g.

Code
    <plugin name="bar" url="bar.png" align="leftbottom" width="100%" height="50" handcursor="false" />
    <plugin name="button1" url="button1.png" parent="bar" align="center" x="-100" y="0" onclick="..." />
    <plugin name="button2" url="button2.png" parent="bar" align="center" x="-50" y="0" onclick="..." />

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!