How to unfix this Fix: videoplayer.swf plugin - prefer video object size over metadata size when both sizes are available.

• I just updated to the lastest release with this fix;

Fix: videoplayer.swf plugin - prefer video object size over metadata size when both sizes are available.

In this 360 I have three videos, one of which is a distorted hotspot. When I run this 360 from an iPad, everything is as it was. When I run it on or from a computer the distorted hotspot video is now less than half it's intended size.

<hotspot name="videospot"
    url="videoplayer.swf"
    alturl="videoplayer.js"
    videourl="V-2-sec-move-fromMVI_8537b.mov"
    posterurl="V-2-sec-move-fromMVI_8537b.jpg"
    distorted="true"
    scale=".4" scale9grid="" scalechildren="false" rotate="-90"
    edge="center"
    ath="143.40432895380926" atv="21.49453191750848"
    zoom="false" details="8" flying="0"
    rx="-16.25" ry="21" rz="2.836019821524758"
    alpha="0" blendmode="normal" effect="" smoothing="true"
    loop="true"
    pausedonstart="false"
    directionalsound="false"
    range="110"
    volume="0.0"
    onhover="if(ispaused, showtext(click to play, videohoverstyle), showtext(click to pause, videohoverstyle));"
    onclick="togglepause();"
    />

Anyideas?

Regards,

Robert

• I guess the most obvious solution is to go back to a prior version, at least for the video plugin.

I've looked at the mov file used and it appears to not have any exif data regarding size, so I'm not sure why this issue exists. All the size info I could find from QT, PS, etc shown the same pixel dimensions.

So, is this a new bug or am I doing something wrong?

Robert

• Hi,

can you please send me the video or a link it?

the changes were made, because there were Flash videos around, where the size information in the video metadata was wrong, so using the other video size informations were necessary,

if fixing will be not possible, I will add an setting to set which video size informations should be used/preferred,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

thanks for link!

I have analyzed the problem now - the problem has nothing to do with the videoplayer plugin or the 'prefer video object size over metadata size' change, it's a problem in the viewer itself, a bugfix from an other problem caused it,

in the next release this problem will be fixed,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!