What does KRPano mean exactly by "cubical panoramas"?

• I read up on the supported panorama type for KRPano for iOS, and it says it supports cubical panoramas. What does this mean exactly? I'm familiar with cube, which is an image that is split up into six square sections like this:

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/2010/1…ddf5d4Large.jpg

But importing that into Panotour Pro gives me a warning icon and the preview does nothing to make it look correct.

Thanks in advance

• Your cube is really one image. The cube type Krpano refers to is 6 cube images. For example, drop a 360x180 image onto the sphere to cube tool and examine the output.

You may be able to use a cubestrip ( see documentation ) but the standard cubes are a better way to go.

• Hi,

I read up on the supported panorama type for KRPano for iOS, and it says it supports cubical panoramas. What does this mean exactly?

that means on iOS only flat surfaces (like the surfaces from a cube) can be display,
    so the pano image itself need to be in cube format to display it there (the krpano flash viewer support also the direct viewing of spherical or cylindrical image)

but it doesn't mean that the input image itself need to be a cubical pano, just use normal spherical/equirectangular image as input - the krpano tools/droplets (and also Panotour Pro) are automatically converting them to cubical when generating the output files,

with the krpano tools/droplets are also excepting cube files as input, but only when each cube face is a separated image file, an image like yours in not directly support,

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!