black strips up and down when zooming in cylindrical pano

• Hi,

I added to my ancient virtual tour (composed with the spherical panos) a new partial (cylindrical) panorama 360° of the winter landscape of Aravis Mountains (you can see it's thumbnail placed at the left - top position, and in XML it is called “pano15”) .

http://www.annecypanoramique.com/krpano_vv/vv_A…e_Nordique.html

<scene name="scene15">

<progress showload="no" showwait="no"/>

<view hlookat="27" vlookat="0" maxpixelzoom="1.0" limitview="auto" />

<preview url="20120222-16-danay.tiles/preview.jpg" />

<image type="CYLINDER" multires="true" tilesize="625" progressive="true">
    <level tiledimagewidth="50000" tiledimageheight="4889">
    <cylinder url="20120222-16-danay.tiles/l3_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    </level>
    <level tiledimagewidth="25000" tiledimageheight="2445">
    <cylinder url="20120222-16-danay.tiles/l2_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    </level>
    <level tiledimagewidth="12500" tiledimageheight="1223">
    <cylinder url="20120222-16-danay.tiles/l1_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    </level>
    </image>

This new panorama does not open the virtual tour. Edited as the second, it displays correctly. But if I load it as the third pano in succession (or later), and if I zoom, the black strips appears at the top and the bottom of the screen (when I zoom only).

http://www.annecypanoramique.com/TEMP/black-strips.jpg

What is the reason ? Is it possible that the VIEW parameters of the precedent pano affect the VIEW parameters of the next pano ? How may I correct it ?

Best regards,

Hub

• Hello,
    I've notice on my 2nd virtual tour, that it is not good to mix the spherical panoramas with the flat or cylindrical panoramas. It does not guarante the good display of the parameters VIEW for the cylindrical or flat panos. It is as if the FOV of the precedent spherical pano could influence the FOV of the cylindrical or flat pano.
    In the example above, the FOV of the cylindrical pano is automaticaly adjusted to it's hight with regard to the TOP of the screen if loaded for the first time. Having visualized another spherical pano and reloading the cylindrical pano produce the adjustment of the height with regard to the angles of the screen. No matter if the ”limiteview " is established as "auto" or "range" (with it's ”vlookatmin”, and ”vlookatmax” of course).
    If my conclusion is wrong please correct me.
    Best regards,
    Hub

Edited once, last by hub (March 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM).

• Hi,

the problem is the - architectural="0.5" (it is defined in some scenes),

the architectural settings are not respected in the viewing limitations,
    and you are loading all the panos with MERGE - the means the current <view> settings (and so too the architectural setting) the will be kept when moving to the next scene,

a simple solution would be just adding - architectural="0.0" - to the <view> in the "scene15" <scene>,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!