Turning sound off on scene exit?

• I have the following sound code for a hotspot inside a scene for my tour, although I have the keep=false set the sound continues to play even when a new scene has been loaded. The audio is specific to only one scene.

if this is not the correct way to stop a sound when leaving a scene please let me know what to do.

Thank you in advance.

Rick

• Hi,

there are several possibilities:

1. call stopsound(name) to stop the sound before calling the loadpano/loadscene actions
    2. call stopallsounds() to all sounds before calling the loadpano/loadscene actions
    3. use a global onremovepano event and call there stopallsounds() , e.g.

Code
      <events onremovepano="stopallsounds()" />
    4. use a scene local onremovepano event and call there stopallsounds() or stopsound(name) , e.g.

Code
      <scene ...>
      <events name="sceneevents" onremovepano="stopsound(snd);" />
      </scene>

btw - keep="false" can't and shouldn't be used for the soundinterface plugin - the sound-'interface' plugin only adds new actions for playing sound, but not the sounds itself,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus,

Thank you very much, I was so hung up on getting the keep= working I didn't even check the stop sound actions. Sorry major brain fart. Thank you very much for the help.

Rick

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!