Lensflare effect issue...

• Hello people, recently I've been using lensflare effect a lot and I noticed it has a bug. First of all I like to use the effect in my panos without the flares, just the blindness effect (feel that the flares distract a little bit from the scene), from there I noticed that the "blindness curve" is not completely smooth, when you start to look into the light source direction it "jumps" from zero to some value from which flows nice and smooth untill the blindness reaches its peak. I'd already tried a lot of configurations with: blind=" " & blindcurve=" " parameters but I haven't been able to get rid of them, so I think is more an trouble from the program itself.

It is because I don't use flares just blindness that I noticed this bug and I think it ruins a little bit the realism of this really nice effect and, surely it just needs some minor adjustment to the code so it can flow smoothly from zero to top.

I have some panos in this site so you can see what I mean:

http://baja360.3sfera.com/

Just begin to turn the camera view into the sun direction slowly so you'll see that in some point blindness begins abruptly, that's the issue.

¿Do you see what I mean?

Dear Klaus, this fix is on my wish list for the next release so I'd love to hear your opinion about it, hope you could make some adjustment to this small bug.

Cheers!!

Luis

• the "blinding" effect seems natural to me. As you stare intoo the sun or other lighsource, you find it hard to see details of the surroundings. I have this when driving at night, when people have their headlights set to bright, or when in the winter, the sun is low and blinds objects in the distance. In real life this is alsoo not smooth. It's bothering you, or it's not.

If its not in your sight, its not bothering you, but as soon as it hits your field of view, details are harder to pick up, when you stare straight in the sun, you can't see anything at all

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!