image formats for spherical video

• I'm writing some programs that can output spherical videos. Of course KRPano is the preferred player for those, so I need to know how best to package spherical images for KRPano.

I gather from the docs that the container format and encoding of a video stream can be anything accepted by the underlying host technology, either Flash or HTML5. So I don't think that is a problem. I would expect to use mp4/h.264 normally.

I do need to know specifically:
    -- how I should pack 6 cube faces into video frames
    -- what size limits I must respect
    -- how to inform KRPano that they are to be displayed as spherical (a working html/xml code example?)
    -- if KRPano supports any alternatives to cubic projection for partial spheres

Forgive me if I could have found these answers through the docs, but in any case I have not been able to.

Best, Tom

• Somebody can tell me What Equipment that I have to use to make those videos.

Looks like a mirrorball, I don't even see a small seem indicating multiple cameras.. A one-shot lens would give blanks to nadir and zenith. I haven't re-projected a mirror ball in ages.. but i still remember the absolute zenith was a little weird. Unless they got it perfect or retouched it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!