image formats for spherical video

• I'm writing some programs that can output spherical videos. Of course KRPano is the preferred player for those, so I need to know how best to package spherical images for KRPano.

I gather from the docs that the container format and encoding of a video stream can be anything accepted by the underlying host technology, either Flash or HTML5. So I don't think that is a problem. I would expect to use mp4/h.264 normally.

I do need to know specifically:
    -- how I should pack 6 cube faces into video frames
    -- what size limits I must respect
    -- how to inform KRPano that they are to be displayed as spherical (a working html/xml code example?)
    -- if KRPano supports any alternatives to cubic projection for partial spheres

Forgive me if I could have found these answers through the docs, but in any case I have not been able to.

Best, Tom

• OK, sorry, have now found the examples. As usual, KRPano is too simple for me, and does everything I woud expect. *rolleyes*

Still, a working spherical video example would be helpful.

Best, Tom

• Somebody can tell me What Equipment that I have to use to make those videos.

Looks like a mirrorball, I don't even see a small seem indicating multiple cameras.. A one-shot lens would give blanks to nadir and zenith. I haven't re-projected a mirror ball in ages.. but i still remember the absolute zenith was a little weird. Unless they got it perfect or retouched it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!