• Hi,
    Do I really need to buy iPad or iPhone for testing html5 panoramas, or is there some other solution? iphone-ipad-simulator.html from krpano examples does not work ok with swfaddress plugin for example, but as for iDevices, I can see no other use for me than testing a panoramas. And for some little testing, just few times in a week, it seems to me quite an expensive toy (especially here, in Europe). Are there some other possibilities, like android based phones etc. which could serve for the same purpose and would display html5 virtual tour in the same way? Or there is absolute necessity to own Apple iPad or iPhone?
    Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
    Igor Socha

• Hey Igor,

you could buy an older iPod touch to build and test a tour. My first HTML5-tour were build and tested on the very first iPod touch ever released, which is now available for as low as 30€ on eBay *wink* Even the much better and faster 2nd-Generation iPod touch is available for around 50€ sometimes.

Best regards
    Nupsi

• Hi Nupsi, thanks for the answer!

Hey Igor,
    you could buy an older iPod touch to build and test a tour. My first HTML5-tour were build and tested on the very first iPod touch ever released, which is now available for as low as 30€ on eBay *wink* Even the much better and faster 2nd-Generation iPod touch is available for around 50€ sometimes.
    Nupsi

Really? So it is not only multimedia player? ANd how can I load webpage with it? It has some WIFI or? Thanks again!

Best regards,
    Igor Socha

• Hi,

Or there is absolute necessity to own Apple iPad or iPhone?

no, a real device is not absolute necessary, but I would recommend one of course - real devices are always a bit different.
    Personally I think the best device for testing would be an iPad 1 or 2, but iPhone or iPod Touch would work too - I'm also using a iPod Touch 2G with iOS 3.1.3 for testing as low-end device, but the iPod Touch is much slower than all other iOS devices, so the other devices are making more 'fun' .

About the testing with Safari and UserAgent - the krpanoJS viewer itself doesn't care about the current UserAgent, it detects the device directly, so even with UserAgent=iPhone or iPad the Viewer will detect that it is still running on Desktop. Only the krpano embedding script itself is caring about the UserAgent - the script uses the UserAgent for choosing which viewer to embed.

For direct device testing on Desktop there is the simulatedevice embedding setting (the iphone-ipad-simulator.html example is using that) - when is is set, then the viewer will behave like on that device (with one exception - the mouse controlling).
    See here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html/#startupvars.simulatedevice

e.g. here a html embedding example with iPad-Simulation:

Code
    <script>
      var viewer = createPanoViewer({swf:"krpano.swf",target:"panodiv"});

viewer.useHTML5("always");
      viewer.addVariable("simulatedevice", "iPad");
      viewer.addVariable("xml", "...");

viewer.embed();
    </script>

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus and thanx for the reply.
    I´ve used iphone-ipad-simulator.html for testing my html5 functionality. However, after we´ve implemented swfaddress plugin, the virtual iPhone/iPad window is filled with black :( My friend has tested the project for me and it works OK on iPad, but here I can´t see anything.
    Thanx

Best regards,
    Igor Socha

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!