Setting minfov for the iPad3

• If you want to use the new settings to give iPad 3 2048 pixels cubefaces youj also have to make a special zoom level settings for it.

I did some tests and it looks like this would work
    <view hlookat="50" devices="all" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="100" maxpixelzoom="1.0" fovmin="60" fovmax="120" limitview="auto" />
    <view hlookat="50" devices="iPad+Retina" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="100" maxpixelzoom="1.0" fovmin="36" fovmax="120" limitview="auto" />

At least it works when I just use devices="iPad"
    I did not know that you could use devices="all" in combination with a special setting for other devices.

Maybe I could also do this and just change the settings that I want to change for the iPad3

<view hlookat="50" devices="all" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="100" maxpixelzoom="1.0" fovmin="60" fovmax="120" limitview="auto" />
    <view devices="iPad+Retina" fovtype="MFOV" fovmin="36" />

Hans

• you don't have to do devices="all". Not specifying devices, would auto apply it to all.

What I usually do is create a global.xml with general view settings:

Code
    <view fovtype="MFOV" maxpixelzoom="1.0" fovmin="60" fovmax="120" limitview="auto" />

then when I load a scene or panorama, I use the flag MERGE.

In the scene/panorama I have:

Code
    <view fov="90" vlookat="10" hlookat="10" />

The rest will get merged.

To have seperate settings for ipad, you could do 2 things:

create a special global.xml just for ipad

Code
    <include url="global.xml" />
    <include url="global_ipad.xml" devices="ipad+retina" />

or just what you did with 2 view elements

• Hi,

both is possible

here a quick explanation what happens when defining the same xml element a several times:

when one xml element will be defined a several times then the attributes of following definitions will overwrite attributes from the previous definitions,

e.g. by doing:

Code
    <view hlookat="10" vlookat="0" />
    <view hlookat="20" />

the resulting values for the <view> element will be hlookat="20" and vlookat="0",

so this behavior can be used also to overwrite only specific xml attributes for specific defines,
    basically just by defining the element again with the attribute with the different value,
    e.g. to overwrite the fovmin attribute on iPad3:

Code
    <view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fovmin="60" fovmax="120" />
     <view fovmin="30" devices="retina+ipad" />

this works also for <plugin> and <hotspot> elements - but there the "name" attributes must be always defined too to address the right element,
    e.g.

Code
    <plugin name="button" url="button100x20.png" ... />
    <plugin name="button" url="button200x40_retina.png" scale="0.5" ... devices="iPad+Retina" />

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!