Scandal - Easypano has stolen the krpano Bing Maps Plugin Code!!!

• What I find strange is, that the code is completely rewritten so fast. If it could be done so fast, why wasn't it done proper the first time, instead of stealing 90% from Klaus. I have a feeling the code just got obfuscated now, functions/variables renamed etc... But I leave Klaus to be the judge of that ;p

And true, true, not all chinese steal, like not all americans are fat, belgiums are dumb, dutch are greedy, french women are hairy etc But there are some grounds of truth. China has some weird laws about patents, copyrights and such For every Ipad there is an Ipud Ipat Upad etc that's exactly the same. On Dealextreme.com for example you have nike watches for $5 (orginal $100), Dr Dre Beats headphones for $60 (orginal $300) and other brands (which they dont specify, but is clearly viewable on user photos).

• Hi,

difficult to judge...

some not-used (but still copied ) krpano code parts are removed now,
    the zoom-to-resolution formula is replaced with a normal table lookup and the lat-lang conversion code is also different,
    the code for the user-interface controls is replaced by own code,
    and some small others things are now also a bit different,

but the main design of the OpenScales/Bing interface as Google Maps API wrapper and some of its functions are basically still the same...
    doing these small changes based on the existing code is pretty easy - it is definitely not a work from ground-base, it is based on the previous code...

On the other side the accident has already happened and the basic knowledge already been transferred... so it doesn't make sense anymore to claim for code changes in Tourweaver... all further changes would be probably only cosmetic...

I will keep it as it as now, but I'm very disappointed by Easypano because all that happened!

Btw - please don't don't make generalizations (generalizations are never good) - this was a fault from Easypano and Easypano as company is responsible for it and not China as country!

best regards,
    Klaus

• I am very much appalled by all this. So hey, we blatantly stole you're code. Damn, you caught us. Well, sorry then. Won't do it again. Promise. Hey, let me make up for it! Here's a cup of coffee.

What the heck?!

I have just sent you a generous cheque should be more appropriate.

So they intend to just get out of this by saying sorry? It must be really annoying for Klaus that there's little he can do, really, since there is just no point bringing out the big guns (international copyright lawyers).

Klaus, I've always admired your work and your patience with us users. Please give me your PayPal address so I can buy you a beer. Maybe others want to follow suit. If I was you I'd need one. Big time.

• What can I say... this is outrageous... What can we users do other then spread the word and stay away from their products.

That's it.!! Speak about it through our personnal virtual tour forum in our country to let know people. T's really a shame to see the "jungle" it is in this business.

Easy pano answered, that's a first step. Of course when it's done it's done, anyway...
    I can only support you to continue the great job and time you provide for us since a long time.

So thanks Klaus. *thumbup*

Steph.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!