You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "FlashinnaPano" started this thread

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 12:58am

krpano Protect Tool -- Add Folder

Hello,

When using the Add Folder button, the Protect Tool also adds hidden system files to the file lists. For example, on Mac OS X the tool adds the hidden Finder database file ".DS_Store" to file lists.

I don't think that accidentally encrypting the .DS_Store file will have an adverse effect although I haven't performed that experiment yet.

If you have the opportunity in the future, would you please consider adding a file filter (or preference) to omit hidden system files with the Add Folder option?

Thanks,
Joe

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 10:14am

Hi,

thanks for this hint!
I'm testing the most time on net-shares with disabled .DS_Store creation so I have overseen that problem!

That will be fixed in the next release,

best regards,
Klaus

• "FlashinnaPano" started this thread

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 7:43pm

Thanks for the good news. An easy fix I hope.

Those invisible UNIX files can be bothersome sometimes, but at least you don't need to worry about invisible directories.

Thanks,
Joe