Embedding krpano into flash

• Hi, Im trying to embed krpano intoo a flash project. But I'm a bit confused, perhaps someone can clear thinks up?

1) I've seen the example within the krpano package. You have to embed using the embeddedstartup method. My question, does the container have to be the stage or can it be an empty movieclip too?
    2) If an empty movieclip is not possible, is it possible to specify the name or index of the krpano object?
    3) What's the best way to remove it from stage, if possible. Through trial and error I managed to remove the child (basicly mass deleting everything on stage). But there were still events running that created errors.
    4) Does krpano add more clips to the stage or would be deleting krpano object enough?
    5) Can someone explain what exactly happens within the embbeddestartup? Krpano registers itself to stage? Add plugins to stage? Destroys existing elements? I read somewhere that adding flash plugins that use stage3d is not possible because krpano destroys the stage before it adds itself for maximum performance. Is this true?
    6) Can events be binded to krpano like Event.MOUSE_LEAVE ?

• Hi,

1) I've seen the example within the krpano package. You have to embed using the embeddedstartup method. My question, does the container have to be the stage or can it be an empty movieclip too?

The current krpano version isn't designed to work as embedded flash component, it was designed as standalone software, so don't expect any component like features - to your question - krpano adds itself and also some other elements to the stage.

2) If an empty movieclip is not possible, is it possible to specify the name or index of the krpano object?
    3) What's the best way to remove it from stage, if possible. Through trial and error I managed to remove the child (basicly mass deleting everything on stage). But there were still events running that created errors.

There is an experimental interface in the current version for removing krpano - use the krpano actions interface and call "unloadkrpano();" to let krpano remove its own elements and events.

4) Does krpano add more clips to the stage or would be deleting krpano object enough?

There can be several elements on the stage.

5) Can someone explain what exactly happens within the embbeddestartup? Krpano registers itself to stage? Add plugins to stage? Destroys existing elements? I read somewhere that adding flash plugins that use stage3d is not possible because krpano destroys the stage before it adds itself for maximum performance. Is this true?

The 'embbeddestartup' is just an startup possibility to start krpano also when embedded into Flash but the startup itself is working like in the normal version.

6) Can events be binded to krpano like Event.MOUSE_LEAVE ?

You can try to get the krpano image.layer object and add events to this object or to its parent.

Note - one feature of the 1.0.9 version will be also the embedding into Flash, then this kind of usage will be easier.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Note - one feature of the 1.0.9 version will be also the embedding into Flash, then this kind of usage will be easier.

Any idea when 1.09 would be done? This month, this year? I see posts dating from 2009 talking about 1.09. Atm I hide kprano together with freezeview, but im running in memory issues. I'll try the unloadkrpano() method. But after that, I don't know what to do next.

• Hi Klaus.

Could I add a layer, say for example a movie clip containing buttons and such, that slides in over krpano (which is embedded in flash)? This movie clip wouldn't be a krpano plugin. Is this possible?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!