• Is it possible to replace the flash fullscreen command:

onclick="set(fullscreen,true);"

With the F11 fullscreen function?

This way if a user goes fullscreen it is the browser that is fullscreen so if another html file (for example the users clicks on a hotspot which loads a new pano) is loaded the screen will remain fullscreen and not revert back as it does with the flash 'fullscreen' command.

Thanks

Tim

• Thanks, I can see the issues with this.

It does raise the question as to how important having the flash fullscreen button is. If the user can do F11 from the browser, how often is the flash fullscreen function used?

We've always put a flash fullscreen button along with zoom in/out, rotate off/on. But I have wondered about removing the fullscreen button.

As our tours often have walkthroughs with arrows to move from room to room and load a new html file each time, I tend to press f11 when demoing so that the screen stays fullscreen the whole time.

Would be interested in others views.

Cheers

Tim

• I had the same discussion. Photographers think "People want to see my awesome panorama in the best quality on the highest resolution!!". We did some tests (google analytics tracking of the fullscreen event), and people almost never used the button. We mostly used in internally, for example when holding a presentation. Other uses were, when the tour got embedded in a small window inside a website, and we use the fullscreen functionality to show a bigger tour. But this couldve been solved with a simple popup script. People would close the popup tour when they're done looking, and continue visiting the page.

For instance, a website of a hotel or realestate search engine, would embed a small tour. But users that wanna see it upclose, press a button, and the tour opens in a popup. If the tour would open another url or a pdf, then there is no problem. If the tour were in fullscreen mode, then the screen would exit, leaving users confused.

so in short, this is my usage, based on imo best user experience (and not my eagerness to show the photo as big and beautifull as possible)
    - Tour in website, 100% x 100% => No FS / Popup nessesary. Perhaps in the rightmouse context menu for internal use or smart users.
    - Tour in website, smaller then 500 x 500 px (size may vary based on the content of the panorama), no fullscreen button, but rather a "undock" button that opens the tour in a larger popup/lightbox.

• I have done tests also and got between 30 and 40% using the fullscreen button.

You can get more people using it by pointing it out with a popup or on the help screen.

The performance of your pano may in some cases be much better in fullscreen.
    This is the case in Firefox at least on Mac

Asfar as I remember the hardware acelleration is only working in fullscreen something that also can give you trouble on some older computers with Graphic Cards which are not compatible.

Hans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!