Iphone 4 and iPad testing please.

• I have just finished most of the work on a tour for the Danish National Museum.
    http://virtualdenmark.dk/dnm2/

'Everything works perfect on all my own test devices iPad1+IOS 5.1 and my Android 800mHZ Desire Z.

I did not expect any problems with an iPhone 4s which has a dualcore processor and double as much Ram as my iPad 1.
    But I just tested it on a brand new iPhone 4s at a friend and it crashes on several panos especially No 3.

I just got a test from an iPad 2 which works OK and he even said he could see it on iPhone3GS except for the video on No1.

It uses y the new settings for the iPad +retina and should load the 2048 pixels cubefaces on iPad3.
    <display usedesktopimages="true" hardwarelimit="2048" devices="iPad+Retina"

Hans

• The info boxes are a bit annoying in that they do not close previous boxes. So new ones open underneath old ones.

The photography quality is pretty good. Looks to be a bit better than a 15mm fisheye.. What did you use?

Thats why you have a close button. I believe that people does know to use that. It's called interactive
    But if you have a way to do it without making a "set plugin close" for each box on each info button I am interested.

5DmarkII + Canon 15mm. Using max resolution at 4096x4096.

What iDevises do you have.? No crashes?

Hans

• That was a 15mm fisheye? Nice! I guess I need that new zoom one that according to Toby is just a little sharper.
    Whats annoying is having to move your mouse back and forth to click close all the time.
    Set an variable with the plugins name to keep track of who is open.. and close who is open when you are asked to open a second info window. Simple stuff. 3-8 lines of code max in your open function.

I have a iphone4 and a ipad2.
    Instant crash on my 4. I think one of the latest updates has made it more unstable. Safari seems to crash much more frequently when you have a ton of apps open. However, i don't know if the normal iphone user ever quits apps.. I think also the number of songs on the iphone affects the total memory.. and itunes always wants to fill up your devices. Time to delete songs I guess as well.

try 2 iphone 4 with shit closed. OK
    normal. I did notice an issue on (3) lower table icon.. opened a photo and info window at the same time.. but they overlapped. the photo is too big in portrait and landscape. landscape its under the bottom bar.
    combo box looks stretched out and a little bit ugly on iphone4.

ipad2 ok... the video wasnt clickable. it seems there are areas overlapping it.. maybe textfields.. i have no idea.. i tried to understand it logically and failed. certain atv/ath combinations prevent clicking.

• I am afraid I do not have enough coding knowledge to do what you suggest. Have to dig into it.

It sounds like making more complex tours working on iPhone maybe impossible.
    The one I tested on is just a couple of weeks old and the owner has only installed a couple of apps and taken some images.
    But he also used it as a voice recorder some of the recordings was an hour. If these things are enough to make iPhone 4 unstable how can anyone make tours working on them.

I did check the amount of popups I have on the panos and No3 has slightly more in uncompressed images.
    All the other panos have max 4mb in text and image popups. No3 has 7mb.
    But a standard 1024x1024 pano is 18mb and I have no problem using 1400x1400 which is 33mb on my iPad1.

Yes I have noticed the weird way the combobox look on iPhone with the simulator. Ipad is fine. Must be some difference in the way CSS work on on iPhone

The video works on my iPad but it is hard to get it started, You have to click several times. There are no overlaps of any kind anywhere. All popups are moved outside the window.
    I believe will try to make the video smaller and see if that helps.

Hans

• Combobox solved. Using cbfontsize on it makes changes also to the box in a weird way.

Video on iPad solved. I reduced the size from 400 pixels to 300 pixels width , Now it react on first click on my iPad. I also made it possible to zoom in more on it.

Hans

Edited once, last by HansNyb (April 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM).

• Please test pano 6. I added a 10 min video on it. Compressed size 24 mb
    Only for flash and iPad.

Even if this in MB is much more than panorama and images together my iPad1 has no problem at all with it.
    Videos seems to be treated much different than images.

I found that there is ls always a delay when you click on the poster to start.
    It may take up to 4 sec before it starts. If you click on it again within this time it pauses.
    Which means you have to click again to start.

Hans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!